Arduino application showing error while openning

Hi,

I just got my arduino uno and i installed the driver software as in the site.
When i open arduino.exe, it shows 'unable to open' and after some time, it opens.
Then when i try to select tools or open any example programs or do anything, it takes around half a minute to come.
Uploading time is also very slow.
I am using windows Vista.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thankyou.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html

it didnt work for me. same problem as before :~

If you went through Eried's suggestions OK then you do need to double check in Device Manager that the arduino is seen as the Uno R 3 and therefore is installed OK. Then go back to loading arduino and trying it. ALso it might be worthwhile completely uninstalling 1.02 and reinstalling it. I have it working on Vista just fine. If that still does not work, just try and install 0023 and see if it is any different.

anvintj:
it didnt work for me. same problem as before :~

Are you sure? can you capture some small clip? Delays are usually due Bluetooth dongles, but if you installed my mod that shouldn't happen anymore.

Are you launching the program from the start menu after installing it?

I checked the device manager and its showing UNO R3. I tried 0023 and the same problem occurs.

This is my problem.

First when i select arduino application, this window comes.
Arduino Forum

Then after some delay, about half a minute, this error comes.
Arduino Forum

After i click OK, arduino window comes after some delay.
Then if i try to select tools, the tool window will appear only after sometime.
Arduino Forum

The same problem occurs while opening example programs or while uploading programs to UNO or when i try to open the serial window. The delay is bit long. Actually the software is getting stuck.

I am sure that if you install and use this: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html (do not launch the other arduino "official" files you have) your problems probably will fade away. The titlebar will say "Arduino ERW"

Even after i installed ur version, the same problem occured.

Now i disabled bluetooth and wireless conection. Its works fine!!

Thankyou eried...