Anyone hit by that RPi lightning?

Just checking to make sure y'all are OK...

http://spectrum.ieee.org/podcast/geek-life/hands-on/arduinos-playmate/

Actually I hope things smooth out and it's wildly successful. But at this point I've resigned myself to at least a few more months of waiting.

So i just got an e-mail by Farnell telling me "Having successfully passed its CE compliance testing, we can now confirm that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered by the end of June."

irony of the whole thing is, that I will be 1000km away from the adress they are shipping it to by the end of june... meh. hope I can figure something out. sort of scared to change the shipping address to another country, as I dont want my order to be cancelled...

Hard to get in india!

No.

I've got at least three networked projects (two of which could turn into profitable low-volume products) waiting on something like an RPi, and I can't even get a straight answer on when I can put an evaluation unit on backorder. Much less when I could expect to buy them in dozens :0

This is worse than trying to design with 68HC11s back in the 80s: at least Moto had the decency to tell you straight out to pound silicon because you weren't big enough to bother with.

fkeel:
So i just got an e-mail by Farnell telling me "Having successfully passed its CE compliance testing, we can now confirm that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered by the end of June."

irony of the whole thing is, that I will be 1000km away from the adress they are shipping it to by the end of june... meh. hope I can figure something out. sort of scared to change the shipping address to another country, as I dont want my order to be cancelled...

That will definitely take you out of your current country. I learned that you are quite a bit train ride from London in another thread :wink: Looked at google maps,I put my bet on Italy or Spain. France is too close. Hope if everything fails, the next person in your current residence is a DIY person too :slight_smile:

technically I am not that far from London - its just a bad connection.

I feel like I am being mocked. I just got an e-mail saying "there’s more good news on availability of Raspberry Pi’s from RS and Allied Electronics. We’ve invited the next 4,000 people in our queue into the Raspberry Pi online store to place their orders."

Still no shipment date...

Has anyone else in the Netherlands (there you have your info Luidr :-D...) received a shipping date?

Dear customer,
Having successfully passed its CE compliance testing, we can now confirm that your Raspberry Pi will be delivered in the week commencing 28/05/2012.

Got this mail on April 27th 2012 ...

RS Online, or Fernell?

Farnell

I dont even know if its available yet in the states, but I am still gonna wait until all the grab-hands notice that python still acts the same on a tiny board and they become more plentiful (which hopefully wont be too long)

We're in the somewhat bizarre position of having widely available accessories in all shapes and forms, but you can't get a Pi for love nor money. They have orders/interest for hundreds of thousands and they are still faffing with the original batch of 10,000 by the looks of things. I have an idea for a business venture (gap in the market) using Pi and Arduino. I'm well aware of it's limitations but it doesn't matter for what I have in mind, it seems half of the limited number of people who have them are whinging about it being slow, won't run windoze and can't play BBC iPlayer. Most frustrating.........

yea a 700mhz arm is the first thing that pops in my head when I think "quick windows box"

thats why I said I am waiting for the grab hands to give up on it, from what I have heard during the hype, people seem to think this is some multi ghz /gb full blown PC, or its going to be like their childhood, that is to plug it into a TV and be greeted with a interpreter prompt ala basic

In reality its neither