Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread

avenue33:
Unfortunately, I'm afraid I won't be of much help on this OS X-related issue. File permissions are always tricky,me specially in shared volumes.

You could trysudo chmod -R 777 /Volumes/srgshare/Arduino_Sketches/Test_webdav

That didn't work. I'm using jungledisk software to create the network drive. I'll see if their tech support can help.

Can you try on your Mac hard disk instead?

avenue33:
Can you try on your Mac hard disk instead?

Running embedxcode from terminal works if the project is on my local hard drive.

I'm getting a couple errors after my first Build on a new project. The build is successful, so I don't know if these errors are important are not. They are:

/bin/sh: /usr/local/bin/wget: No such file or directory

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make emitted errors but did not return a nonzero exit code to indicate failure

See attached screenshots and log

xcode build log.txt (136 KB)

ScottG:
I'm getting a couple errors after my first Build on a new project. The build is successful, so I don't know if these errors are important are not. They are:

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make emitted errors but did not return a nonzero exit code to indicate failure

No, it isn't a problem. embedXcode is just checking the release number.

avenue33:

ScottG:

No, it isn't a problem. embedXcode is just checking the release number.

What's strange is I just ran Build on a project I created a couple days ago, I think it was with embedXcode Release 39, and I don't get those errors. Any idea why?

The new release of the template only applies for the new projects.

You need to copy-paste the makefiles, About and Utilities folder from the template into your existing project.

Please find a new release of embedXcode

embedXcode • Apr 19, 2013 release 42 • Release number check

During the first compilation of the project, a dialog box may prompt if a new release of embedXcode is available.

The dialog box closes automatically after 5 seconds. Click on Go to Download to download the new release or OK to ignore it.

As always,
• Download: http://embedxcode.weebly.com/download
• User guide: http://embedxcode.weebly.com/tutorial

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Isn't this release 43, not 42.

I just downloaded the latest release, which I'm pretty sure is r45. I created a new project on my local hard drive. When I run Build, it says it's successful, but I get an error that says" Workspace Integrity. Couldn't load project" and the project is not loaded. See screenshots.

Also, can I get previous embedxcode.pkg files on github (https://github.com/rei-vilo/embedXcode)? If so, where?

Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 7.30.43 PM.png

This error arises when another process is running when you launch the first compilation with the preparation of the code.

3.1.1. Launch the Procedure
To proceed with the automatic configuration procedure,
• Select any target, as Build or Make.
Check no other process is running on Xcode, like indexing.
• Click on Run to launch it.

GitHub has the history of all the versions. However, the download section only has the latest release.

avenue33:
This error arises when another process is running when you launch the first compilation with the preparation of the code.

3.1.1. Launch the Procedure
To proceed with the automatic configuration procedure,
• Select any target, as Build or Make.
Check no other process is running on Xcode, like indexing.
• Click on Run to launch it.

I just tried it again and I have the same problem. No other processes were running.

Is it the same error you were experiencing before due to a volume on a network?

avenue33:
Is it the same error you were experiencing before due to a volume on a network?

No. Plus I'm doing this on my local disk

This error arises when another process is running, as indexing in Xcode, when you launch the first compilation with the preparation of the code.

The project preparation is now done after the end of the first compilation, to avoid such a conflict.

avenue33:
This error arises when another process is running, as indexing in Xcode, when you launch the first compilation with the preparation of the code.

The project preparation is now done after the end of the first compilation, to avoid such a conflict.

But there isn't another process running when I start my build (according to the little window at the top-center of my xcode screen). Here's what I'm doing, tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

• Create a new project on my local hard drive (not my network drive)
  • I make a small change to makefile - for excluded libraries, I replace OneWire with panstamp (because panstamp.h give me build errors)
  • I make sure the window at the top center of xcode doesn't show anything processing.
  • I select Build as my target and then click Run button

And I have the problem I mentioned where the project isn't loaded and won't load when I try to re-open.

I've even tried waiting a few minutes before doing my build just to make sure, even though xcode isn't showing anything processing.

When I do the exact same thing with release 42, it works fine. I've even reinstalled release 42, made sure it worked then installed release 45 again and I get this problem.

The procedure you're following is the right one.

I don't understand what's happening as I'm unable to replicate the problem on my MacBook.

Other users with chipKIT boards run the first Build successfully.

The issue you describe is related to the corruption of the project.pbxproj file. The project.pbxproj file becomes corrupt when two processes are dealing with it.

As it is not another process from Xcode so it should be an external process. Do you have an anti-virus installed (I do) and some SSD caching (I don't)?

avenue33:
Do you have an anti-virus installed (I do) and some SSD caching (I don't)?

No antivirus. I don't have an SSD drive.

Can you tell me exactly where on github you have release 43 & 44 .pkg files. I looked and couldn't find them. Maybe it would help if we knew which release was the first on to give me this problem.

The differences between releases 42 and 45 are:

• wget (42) vs. curl (45)
  • check release every time (42) vs. check release only once
  • specific MPIDE handling (45)

Should I be able to replicate the same issue, I would understand what's going on and work on a fix.