Any chance you'll let me register?

I have registered my username as 'Twinky'.

Your captcha is impossible. I have typed in my two words on the registration for OVER 40 TIMES.

It will not let me register.

I've only completed half the registration on Twixy (The second captcha doesn't work either yet somehow its letting me use the forum).

Please would you fix it. I am absollutely FURIOUS. I have just spent 15 minutes trying repeatedly and evan rang MAPLIN in the UK to get your phone number. Of course, Dangi do not want us contacting anyone and there are no phone numbers on the arduino box, no phone numbers on the arduino website, NOTHING.

Are you really trying to p*ss people off?

I buy your product and you won't even ****ing let me register.

My original TWINKY account is still not useable.

Just to add, this account 'Twixy' is my second attempt and the same shit happened again.

Eventually it accepted my captcha (i think on the 11th or 12th attempt) and even then, sent an email to me, i clicked it and got ANOTHER captcha which refused to work. When I finally gave up and went to store.arduino.cc to find contact details (again well hidden) I suddenly find the site recognises 'Twixy' even though I have not completed registration.

This system is fucked up.

I also performed a whois on arduino.cc and found Cuartielles, David david.cuartielles@k3.mah.se as the contact.

I emailed him and got a mailer daemon error - No MX or A records for k3.mah.se

Why don't you want your customers to contact you? Why do you not want new people on this forum?

The 'contact us' link is on the front page of the site. You do have to scroll to the bottom, but it's hardly 'hidden'.

Which OS/browser are you using?

I can't say I had any trouble when registering. I do agree though, captchas are really annoying, but that's true anywhere. Given that there are over 149000 members, it wouldn't appear to be a major issue.

I found the contact us but its a web form no phone number. £40 is a lot for a bit of hardware, I would expect to be able to register on the forums with a bit more ease than that.

Browsers: SeaMonkey and Firefox. Never had any trouble with captchas in either of them unless they're from re-captcha who's standards have gone right down the pan.

Even the audio captcha was impossible to understand. I tried that multiple times. There is so much background hiss in it that you can't recognise anything.

As for David Cuartielles, you would think that he would have a valid email address especially as its listed as 'Technical Contact'.

There are a number of email addresses at http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ContactUs. I would imagine David would get the 'team' emails at least.

All i found was the contact us on store.arduino.cc which had a form so thanks for that i have emailed info@

I am still shocked that arduino / dangi / sparkfun have made it so difficult to register and use this forum.

Not sure who dangi are, but if you have an official Arduino, it has nothing to do with anyone other than Arduino. I'm not sure what caused your problem, but I certainly didn't have any trouble, and a site search didn't seem to turn up any similar posts.

dangi (according to maplin) are the distributors. When i hit google with dangi it brings up store.arduino.cc

The forum software gets stuck at the captcha when you try to register a name already in-use...

No it doesn't because it kept getting stuck for this username 'Twixy' and yet here I am (eventually) with it so how could it be already in use?

I assume from your reply you didn't bother following the link.

Maybe your problems with the captcha is due to excessive use of the delay() function, check out the blink without delay sketch.

Lefty

retrolefty:
Maybe your problems with the captcha is due to excessive use of the delay() function, check out the blink without delay sketch.

Lefty

Shit. Now, I've got to find the Windex and paper towels, and clean my monitor. I've got to learn to put the drink down before reading your replies.

PaulS:

retrolefty:

Lefty

Shit. Now, I've got to find the Windex and paper towels, and clean my monitor. I've got to learn to put the drink down before reading your replies.

It's your own fault, didn't your mama tell you about not drinking when cruising on the internet?

Lefty

Wouldn't it be helpful to display an error message saying the username is taken rather than continue outputting captchas?

Kind of a dumb design asking the user to keep inputting two words when they've got no chance of registering. FYI my partner even had a go / witnessed it so I'm not loosing the plot. Very badly designed registration.

Also I don't think it's fair to grunt at me for not reading the link. Why would I have any confidence in what a mod says here? - You don't even have valid contact details for the arduino.cc domain. No phone numbers on the website, i couldn't find your contact page (except on store.arduino.cc) and became extremely frustrated by the whole experience.

retrolefty:

Lefty

LOL

It is pretty clear your expectations for the forum are misaligned from the kind of support you can get.

You're yelling at the volunteers who can help you with an Arduino, but not the website as a whole.

Twixy:
Also I don't think it's fair to grunt at me for not reading the link. Why would I have any confidence in what a mod says here? - You don't even have valid contact details for the arduino.cc domain.

The mods in the forum have nothing to do with information on the Arduino websites. They moderate the forum and are volunteers.

Twixy:
No phone numbers on the website, i couldn't find your contact page (except on store.arduino.cc) and became extremely frustrated by the whole experience.

I don't know this "you" that you keep referring to. Arduino is an open source project. There isn't an "Arduino company" for you to call. You've already been given the "contact us" page with email addresses to the people who run the website. Use them.

As others have said, very few other people have had problems registering. So it looks like something that has happened to you and is unfortunate.

The mods in the forum have nothing to do with information on the Arduino websites.

Apart from mopping-up and keeping the place in order, the mods have very little control over the forum either :slight_smile:

Why would I have any confidence in what a mod says here?

You'll fit in well here. Welcome!

Twixy:
It will not let me register.

This is trolling, pure and simple. You are registered on the forum, and you are making a post complaining you can't register.

Kind of a dumb design ...

Why would I have any confidence in what a mod says here?

You can have confidence we will ban you for trolling, will that do?

dxw00d:
Not sure who dangi are, but if you have an official Arduino, it has nothing to do with anyone other than Arduino.

I discovered today who Dangi are; I ordered an Arduino Due from the Arduino store. The paypal confirmation says:

You sent a payment of 65,34 EUR to Dangi Internet Electronics SL (info@e-lioness.com)

which is odd, but is presumably the payments provider for the Arduino store.