Need help on combining boards Arduino Uno R3 + Adafruit Motor Shield + RTC

Hi all,

I need some help on selecting the right boards for my project, in the project i have to run 2 step motors at a described time (ex: 8:00 pm every day) and they have to run the described steps (ex : motor1 1000 step motor 2 6000 step ),

So i had searched alot in the forums and i find the Adafruit motor shield and a Rtc shield are the components for this job. the problem is if ? plugged Adafruit on arduino, there will be no open (extra) pin s for theRtc shield. I dont know am ? right but ? see in the pictures that will be like that. So can u pls help me for the right combinations.

Thanks for your guides and helps.

hi all any help ?

The Adafruit forum lists the pins that the motor shield uses. You'll have to find out yourself which pins your RTC uses. If there are any conflicts, you'll have to rethink your project.

BassChaoS:
. the problem is if ? plugged Adafruit on arduino, there will be no open (extra) pin s for theRtc shield.

I guess it doesn't work the other way round either and your problem is that the shields are not stackable.

One solution is to make for yourself an RTC shield that is. This could be done with a proto shield kit and a Tiny RTC module and should cost less than $10. Only four connections are needed - 5v, gnd, SDA, and SCL.

On a Uno, the latter two go to pins A4,A5, so all you have to do is ensure that the motor shield does not use those. In the highly unlikely event that it does, you could switch from Uno to a Mega, which uses different pins for SDA, SCL and you can be quite sure the motor shield will not clash with them.

Nick_Pyner:

BassChaoS:
. the problem is if ? plugged Adafruit on arduino, there will be no open (extra) pin s for theRtc shield.

I guess it doesn't work the other way round either and your problem is that the shields are not stackable.

One solution is to make for yourself an RTC shield that is. This could be done with a proto shield kit and a Tiny RTC module and should cost less than $10. Only four connections are needed - 5v, gnd, SDA, and SCL.

On a Uno, the latter two go to pins A4,A5, so all you have to do is ensure that the motor shield does not use those.

The Adafruit motor shield doesn't use any of the analog pins.

thx alot Henry_Best but i wonder something too
if i plugged adafruit motor shield how can a wire analog pins for rtc the adafruits circuit base cover the analog pins.