Go Down

Topic: Calculating Power Factor Using ARDUINO UNO (Read 13592 times) previous topic - next topic

MarkT

i want to calculate the power factor using ardino.i need the code for this.
thankyou
What sensor hardware do you have, or are proposing to use?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

GolamMostafa

Mar 25, 2017, 10:58 am Last Edit: Mar 29, 2017, 05:40 am by GolamMostafa
i want to calculate the power factor using ardino.i need the code for this.
thankyou
1. (a) Collect voltage zero-crossing point (VZC).

(b) Find current zero-crossing point (CZC).

2. Configure TC0 as T0 to start counting pulses (CLK/prescalaer) once interrupted by the VZC.

3. Let VCZ interrupt the ATmega328 via INT0-pin. TO starts counting.

4. Let VCZ interrupt ATmega328 vis INT1-pin. Stop T0 and read its count (Say, N).

5. Compute power factor (pf) from the following formula using N of Step-4.

pf =    E8D4A51000H - C0C4H * N*N (N = Counts of T0 for the time equivalent to
   phase difference between voltage and current waves.)
   ; expansion of cosTHETA (phase angle mapped to count, (10+E12 times amplified).

6. The attached file may be useful.

Santosaa

Puedo ayudar un poco a resolver el problema del fp pero el detalle es que soy nuevo en el foro y no se como subir la informacion o el codigo como tambien no puedo ver los codigos que ustedes sugieren oara hacer mejoras o analizar y ayudar en cuanto a las respuestas

Santosaa

Yo puedo ayudar en este circuito de medicion solo necesito un tiempo para familiarizarme con el foro todavia no lo entiendo.....mas bien necesito ayuda para subir codigos o descargar codigos para mejorarlos o simplemente para aprender mas

s61176193388

I have some problems on it. Now I have a project about measuring the current and voltage to calculate the power consumption of the device which is plugged in the plug. The restriction is that I can just install the sensors in the plug. I have a AC712 sensor to measure the AC current. However, to calculate the power consumption of the device (like fans), I need to measure the AC voltage to find the power factor. (power = Vrms*Irms*Cos(theta)) The problem is how to measuring the 110V AC voltage? 

MarkT

Sample the output of a low output voltage miniature mains transformer?  Sense the output of a linear
opto coupler?
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

Go Up