boarduino 2

im not 100% sure when this will be in the shop, but its planned... sort of the sister to the other boarduino i designed

and here it is in use

Oh great, just after I bought my Boarduino. ;D

What are its dimensions in comparison?
It looks a bit longer.

its actually a fair bit shorter, like 0.25"

Where's the external power jack?

I'm guessing this one won't come as a kit due to the surface mount components.

Nice.

So you're going to be selling both of them? Otherwise I was going to ask why you decided to switch to including the FTDI chip.

Nice.

So you're going to be selling both of them? Otherwise I was going to ask why you decided to switch to including the FTDI chip.

yah, probably both since this is more expensive and doesnt have a power jack.

THIS is the Boarduino I want on my breadboard - now I can solder the one I have into a bot!

...but please keep selling the USB-less version; I have plans that include them!

Love the new design. It is great to see that you got rid of the big 7805 which always seemed to be in the way.

Very nice! So with this one you can use a normal USB cable it appears.
That's great, that cuts down costs for folks who already have a cable,
assuming the boarduino 2 isn't greater than $20 more than boarduino 1.

yup! PCB were ordered but are still in manufacturing. got my skillet all ready to reflow when they arrive :slight_smile:

Looks very nice! has it got an on board regulator for an external power source or is it USB only?

its usb only, inspired by Gainer & UBW...
you can power it off a mintyboost, if you need batteries

Very nice looking. I've been wondering when these would come out; we've been seeing them in your pictures for a while now.

thats a nice board :slight_smile: I have a boarduino and have been programming it using my old decemillia boards ftdi section, i made a custom cable to power and upload to the boarduino. altho i made a rs232 to ttl converter too :slight_smile:

i'll have to get one of the new boarduinos wen u start selling them :smiley: perfect fo my breadboard and i can use the other one for projects :slight_smile:

ya i got crazy busy with endofyear stuff and taxes. :frowning: ill post again when they're all ready to go!

i had fun with the skillet...and so the USB boarduino kits are finally in the shop!

had to finish the Game of Life kit first :slight_smile:

YaY :smiley: