Arduino Android bike computer

strykeroz:

Deus_Ex_Machina:
Could you maybe help me with the first little task of reading one "DS18B20 Digital Thermometer +/- 0,5 °C TO92 1-wire" and getting the temperature displayed via USB on my computer.
Maybe that'll help me gain some basic understanding of how to take readings and display them. I have attached the sensor to the controller board as desribed in the wiki on J4, which means A3 has the signal from the sensor.

Hi

As per the wiki article, J4 is an analog connection. That would be appropriate for something like TMP36, LM335 or LM35DZ temperature sensors - you can read up more on how they're used in this article at Adafruit.

The DS18B20 is a digital sensor, using the one wire bus so you won't get a reading out of it connected that way.

Have a read of how the One Wire bus works and you'll have more success. One of the examples on that playground page link above will also output the temperature reading to the Arduino serial monitor on your PC over USB.

All the best, Geoff

Why do you think the pin being a analog one is a problem?
The way I understand it, all Arduino pins can be used as digital in/outputs and some can additionnally be used as analogue ones.