The Camera Hack!

The following video shows the Bascor pan tilt hacked to use a XBee radio and provides the user the facility to control the whole unit using a logitech RUMBLEPAD gamepad joystick, the main console is a Arduino UNO which consists of a USB host shield and a LCD soldered on it which shows various prompts about what's going on the system!

COmplete camera control is also implemented which includes Full Cannon IR remote emulated + LANC features implemented so there is NO feature left on the camera that can;t be controlled

also there is a facility to add the various similar modules and address them individually as wanted one can select a single module out of 10/15/100 units working at the same time and address/control all the features

The red LED burning means that particular unit is selected as shown in the below video:

and now it can be commanded!

So make your Videos, Click photos do OTHER TON of jobs wireless the communication can be extended as per the XBee's allow so it can even me made working at about 50kms based on XBee used so bascally ideal to control single handed a bunch of camera system in a Opera house!

Very nice !

Very nice indeed. Just purchased an expensive camera and was thinking about motorizing my tripod. Any chance you will release the source code and maybe some hardware? Was thinking I would like to use steppers since I have 6 steppers sitting not doing anything.. But would like to get a look at your setup for ideas and a starting point.

I've got the Bescor. Would like to see the code!

Very nice indeed. Just purchased an expensive camera and was thinking about motorizing my tripod. Any chance you will release the source code and maybe some hardware? Was thinking I would like to use steppers since I have 6 steppers sitting not doing anything.. But would like to get a look at your setup for ideas and a starting point.

I've got the Bescor. Would like to see the code!

thanks for the appreciation, I made this for a client so not sure he wants this code open sourced! so its not under my jurisdiction.
BUT I can help you with guidance from my side.