Go Down

Topic: manual sw reconfiguration of wifi on a yun (Read 203 times) previous topic - next topic

paolo_s46

my problem is the manual sw reconfiguration of the wifi system on a Yun board. I have five Yun boards working fine on the same net. Not one is the same as the others : a couple of DogHunter/Linino, a couple of GHEO/OpenWrt etc., but even when the maker/OS are the same I found many differences in the file system, configurations etc.

Unluckily I had to reconfigure one of them, a DogHunter/Linino. Linino_version =

Code: [Select]
DISTRIB_ID="Linino"
DISTRIB_RELEASE="lininoIO"
DISTRIB_REVISION="223d5a8"
DISTRIB_CODENAME="attitude_adjustment"
DISTRIB_TARGET="ar71xx/generic"
BUILD_DATE="2016-06-01"

First of all I had an error in the LUCI web panels; tryng to open the reconfiguration panel "Linino Web Panel" I got an error

"/usr/lib/lua/luci/view/linino/homepage.htm" file not found"

After many trials I decided to try to reconfigure it manually, from the "Administration Panel" that was working. I manually set therefore all the net parameters SSID/key, timezone, password, etc. The IP is got on a DHCP/static basis. At the end I got a board working in the wifi net, talking to the other boards.
But when I try to exit from the net (e.g. ping 8.8.8.8) I get a "network unreachable" error.
I must say that the router seems OK, since
nslookup openwrt.org
(diagnostic tab in the panel)
gives me the proper IP. Also the
ping openwrt.org
command first returns the IP address but after says network unreachable. I suppose therefore that I am able to exit from my internal net (192.168), but after it fails.
My net knowledge is rather limited, I must admit that I learnt a lot trying to do the above operations.

I do not know how (and if I have) to handle the resolv.conf (.auto) files in /tmp, that are a link from /etc.

Can someone help me ??

A last minute information :
if, leaving all as above, I just connect the Ethernet cable (and no reboot, no net restart, etc.) as a miracle everything works !!!! From both interfaces !!!!

Where do I fail ?? is any net param that I am overlooking ??

Go Up