As a currently on-break college student who just discovered arduino..

I didn't finish school and never went to tech or uni or anything, and my maths ability is about non-existant.

Despite that I spent 20 years working as an EE and SE for some major companies.

In my case I worked in fields that were 98% logic with a little arithmetic thrown in, maths per sa was not required. I worked mostly in building controls, you don't need maths to tell a lift to go up when someone presses a button, or to apply an override based on the time of day. OTOH if you are hell bent on joining the team for the next mars probe or working on the USB4 physical spec that would be a different story.

I admit I founder when faced with problems that are more maths in nature, but normally one can find an algorithm or equation somewhere and make it fit.

So I don't think your lack of maths ability should be a show stopper, it may stop you getting a degree but not from working in interesting IT/electronics-related fields.

It sounds to me more a case of you not being focussed on what interests you. If you spend all night tinkering with uCs designing circuits and writing code because you are dead keen and really interested in that stuff it will show through at an interview. If you then go knocking on doors you will find companies that do not require a degree but are happy to accept aptitude and enthusiasm.

Without those last two attributes your degree is not worth the paper it's printed on anyway.

Rob