Need help with variable time lapse timer including LiquidCrystal library

Greetings fellow geeks!
This is my first post, so be nice! :wink:

Okey, here is the deal, i'm pretty much a noob when it comes to programming, so i need a lot of help. (If someone want to write the entire code that's okey. There is going to be a video of this, so i'll give credits)

I have a Arduino UNO R2 and a 2x16 LCD shield i've made that uses the Liquidcrystal library.

What i want to make is a variable pulse timer for camera time lapse. So i want a pot and a start/stop button or 2 up/down buttons and a start/stop button.
With this pot or these buttons i want to select the number of output pulses and set time. also a pulse counter would be nice so it shows how many times it has given a pulse out. So it should look something like this..
This is the setup screen.
PulseNmbr: 10
Time: 10min

This is the "run screen"
RUNNING
pulsenmbr: 8

So the setup screen is shown when you set the time and number of pulses. Then when you press Start is jumps to the next screen and displays the running text and counts the number of pulses. In the example screen above it would do 10 pulses in a 10minute time span, so 1 pulse each minute. So the setup and start procedure should look something like this...
Set number of pulses -> press start -> select timespan -> press start again to start it.

If it makes this easier i also got a 4x20 LCD laying around.

I would be VERY happy if someone with mad programming skills, who think this is childsplay would like to make the program for this device!

Cheers! /EG

fellow geeks

Not a great way to make a first impression.

I would be VERY happy if someone with mad programming skills, who think this is childsplay would like to make the program for this device!

I'm sure you would.

AWOL:

fellow geeks

Not a great way to make a first impression.

I'm sure you would.

Not a great way to make a first impression... It makes it feel so welcoming and nice for newcomers! thanks :slight_smile:

What i want to make is a variable pulse timer for camera time lapse

Is Google not working where you are?

You don't think i have been googling like a maniac before i ask on a forum?
Do you want to help me or not? if not, you don't have to post in this thread.

You don't think i have been googling like a maniac before i ask on a forum

I can't comment on the state of your mind.

However, there are several well-documented camera controllers using Arduino.
If you want one tailored to your exact needs, you're going to have to roll up your sleeves, or open your chequebook.

Any tips on Arduino based camera controllers?

Maybe structure your loop like this:

void loop(){
if (menu==1){

//write the information to the lcd for your menu screen

if (button1 == HIGH) {
    //do button1 stuff here, like increment counter
  }

if (button2 == HIGH){
    //do button2 stuff here, 
  }

if (button3 == HIGH){
    menu = 2; //go to the next menu
  }
}

if (menu == 2){

//write to lcd screen for your next menu

if (button1==HIGH){
  // you get the idea....
  }
}

}

This is the bare-bones plan. You are going to have to declare your variables, set up your lcd, debounce the buttons, ect.

If you search for "Arduino intervalometer" your solution should pop right up.

Don

Google "Camera Axe" if you want to build a shield kit that is very versatile. The shield will do intralvalometer, flash timing for water drop and ballon pop shots. There is even a device that will allow you to stop a projectile fired from a pellet gun. It is a nicely evolved product.

RWW