Go Down

Topic: I cannot find the datasheet for Catalex MicroSD Card Adapter (Read 9512 times) previous topic - next topic

felipe_bool

Hi, guys.

I'm using the Catalex MicroSD Card Adapter in my final paper and I'd like to put some more consistent information about it, with reference and schematics. I'm trying to find the datasheet, but I didn't find anything useful. I've find a version in Mandarim and few more information in Hindi, not really helpful.

The version I'm using is the V1.0.11.

Thanks for any help.

CrossRoads

What's the part number on the 2 chips?
One is certainly a 3.3V regulator, and  other a 5V to 3.3V buffer chip for SCK, MOSI, and SS.  Maybe for MISO going back, but often not.   Knowing that, you can figure the circuit out pretty easily.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

felipe_bool

Thanks for the help, @CrossRoads.

I'm able to use the module, what I'm looking for is some kind of "vendor specifications", some pdf to put in the bibliography.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

felipe_bool

I did the same... and I also found one datasheet in mandarim.

I think there is no datasheet for this module...

Thanks!

CrossRoads

felipe_bool

It can be used, there are lots of wrong translations, but I can figure out the most.

I don't think I will get the one in english... :(

Take a look at the mandarim version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4oKoy5QnlfMZUl5TkxHVWpNN28/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

CrossRoads

felipe_bool

Sorry.

It is strange, anyone with this link should be able to at least view the pdf...
I'll check this.

CrossRoads

It's a network thing on my end "proxy server isn't responding", doesn't like drive dot google dot com I guess. Lot of sites are blocked.

fat16lib

Here is what I have on the Catalex microSD module and the Catalex shield.

Note that the Catalex microSD module always drives MISO which may interfere with other SPI devices. 

SD modules should go high-Z on MISO when chip select goes high.  The Catalex shield disables the buffer on MISO when chip select is high.

elik745i

how to fix that? recently got 10 of them? currently useless as I'm using at least 2 SPI devices...
Wake up NEO...

fat16lib

how to fix that? recently got 10 of them? currently useless as I'm using at least 2 SPI devices...
Look at the Catalex Module.JPG above.  The DO signal from the SD socket needs to be connected directly to MISO.

I looked at the card and it appears to be possible.  

I would remove the 3.3K resistor that connects DO to the level shifter.

Cut the trace from the output of the level shifter to the MISO connector.

Solder a wire from the resistor pad to the MISO connector.

You might be able to solder the wire to the trace or hole from the MISO connector.

someuser

I've posted a soultion in another thread how to fix this module and make it work together with other SPI devices:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=360718.msg2942160#msg2942160

SurferTim

Attached is the new Catalex schematic. Note the MISO Output Enable is connected to the CS line. In the older version, the MISO Output Enable was connected to GND like the other tri-state buffers, which means the buffer drives the MISO line all the time. The new version works ok with other SPI devices, The older version does not.

Go Up