SainSmart tft 3.2 lcd display quit working.

Nothing comes on the display. It goes with a shield. I used a multimeter and it was getting power but it wont even light up.

This is one just like it.

The screen will not do anything unless you have the proper library and sketch loaded into the Arduino.

This thread uses that screen, it has many helpful links in it. http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,54196.0.html

I did that and it still wont work. Its just a black screen. It used to work.

It looks like the yellow wire is in the wrong place and the third line of your sketch has a missing semicolon.

Don

floresta:
It looks like the yellow wire is in the wrong place and the third line of your sketch has a missing semicolon.

Don

What do you mean?

In addition to all his other skills Don is now clairvoyant and can see your set up with out you posting any pictures or code. Unfortunately we mere mortals don't have that talent so could you help us out by sharing them with us?

// UTFT_ViewFont (C)2012 Henning Karlsen
// web: http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics
//
// This program is a demo of the included fonts.
//
// This demo was made for modules with a screen resolution
// of 320x240 pixels.
//
// This program requires the UTFT library.
//

#include <UTFT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t SmallFont[];
extern uint8_t BigFont[];
extern uint8_t SevenSegNumFont[];

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino 2009/Uno
//UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,19,18,17,16); // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41); // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

void setup()
{
myGLCD.InitLCD();

myGLCD.clrScr();
}

void loop()
{
myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 0);
myGLCD.setBackColor(0, 0, 0);

myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
myGLCD.print(" !"#$%&'()*+,-./", CENTER, 0);
myGLCD.print("0123456789:;<=>?", CENTER, 16);
myGLCD.print("@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO", CENTER, 32);
myGLCD.print("PQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_", CENTER, 48);
myGLCD.print("`abcdefghijklmno", CENTER, 64);
myGLCD.print("pqrstuvwxyz{|}~ ", CENTER, 80);

myGLCD.setFont(SmallFont);
myGLCD.print(" !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?", CENTER, 120);
myGLCD.print("@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_", CENTER, 132);
myGLCD.print("`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~ ", CENTER, 144);

myGLCD.setFont(SevenSegNumFont);
myGLCD.print("0123456789", CENTER, 190);

while(1) {};
}
NOTE: It compiles with no problem.

Another picture of it connected to the computer.

Have you tried adjusting the blue potentiometer on the adapter board? Is it possible that the display got dropped or damaged?

cyclegadget:
Have you tried adjusting the blue potentiometer on the adapter board? Is it possible that the display got dropped or damaged?

I have tried adjusting the potentiometer after it broke but nothing. I do not recall dropping it. I think I have found whats wrong with it though. I have removed the LCD panel for some reason in the past and have not used it since till the other day, when I tried to use it and it did not work. So I removed it again and it looked like this and I think I broke a cable. Do you know if its vital or not?

The screen is not meant to be moved from the board like that or at least I would not recommend it.

I would say that loose cable is most likely the problem. Someone might be able to fix it but, I think it is delicate and easily melted.

You can buy the screen without the adapter shield and mega at Sainsmart http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino-compatibles/module/lcd-module/sainsmart-3-2-tft-lcd-display-touch-panel-pcb-adapter-sd-slot-for-arduino-2560.html

cyclegadget:
The screen is not meant to be moved from the board like that or at least I would not recommend it.

I would say that loose cable is most likely the problem. Someone might be able to fix it but, I think it is delicate and easily melted.

You can buy the screen without the adapter shield and mega at Sainsmart http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino-compatibles/module/lcd-module/sainsmart-3-2-tft-lcd-display-touch-panel-pcb-adapter-sd-slot-for-arduino-2560.html

Thanks a lot. I feel stupid for doing that.

Part of the learning process. You will know better next time. :slight_smile:

I got a new 3.2 lcd screen and it wont work. It lights up so it must be getting power, but nothing comes on the screen. I have no errors when compiling.

// UTFT_Textrotation_Demo (C)2012 Henning Karlsen
// web: http://www.henningkarlsen.com/electronics
//
// This program is a demo of the textrotation-functions.
//
// This demo was made for modules with a screen resolution 
// of 320x240 pixels.
//
// This program requires the UTFT library.
//

#include <UTFT.h>

// Declare which fonts we will be using
extern uint8_t BigFont[];
extern uint8_t SevenSegNumFont[];

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino 2009/Uno
//UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,19,18,17,16);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

// Uncomment the next line for Arduino Mega
UTFT myGLCD(ITDB32S,38,39,40,41);   // Remember to change the model parameter to suit your display module!

void setup()
{
  myGLCD.InitLCD();
  myGLCD.clrScr();
  myGLCD.setFont(BigFont);
}

void loop()
{
    myGLCD.print("Text rotation", 0, 0);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 0, 255);
    myGLCD.print("0 degrees", 0, 16, 0);
    myGLCD.print("90 degrees", 319, 0, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180 degrees", 319, 239, 180);
    myGLCD.print("270 degrees", 0, 239, 270);

myGLCD.setFont(SevenSegNumFont);
    myGLCD.setColor(0, 255, 0);
    myGLCD.print("45", 90, 100, 45);
    myGLCD.print("90", 200, 50, 90);
    myGLCD.print("180", 300, 200, 180);

while (true) {};
}

I don't see anything wrong with the code but, I am not that experienced writing LCD display code. Try running the demo examples that came with the UTFT library. You may need to adjust the contrast pot.