Spectrum Analyzer Walnut Desk

I've been working on this desk for a few months. I made it out of walnut and it is the first part of what will be a larger computer desk setup. I like to do woodworking and electronics. I haven't mixed the 2 in years since I made a MAME cabinet. I still need to make the top, but that may take a while and I wanted to get some feedback. Here's a picture of the desk.

As I said it's made from walnut and I used a rail and stile design. Each leg and the 5 stiles between have 3 windows with stained glass. Behind these I put 28 LEDs; 8 behind each window. (I know, 8 x 3 = 24, but the space between the windows took up an LED so that's the 2 extra for each.) The lights are controlled by an Arduino Mega and a Sparkfun Spectrum Sheild . The LEDs are Adafruit Neopixel LED Strips. I cut the LEDs into strips of 28 and mounted them onto some lexan strips with electrical tape. Here are a couple of videos of the desk in 'action'. XD - YouTube
- YouTube
I'd like to add the ability to change the way the LED's work based on user selections from a website. I haven't yet worked out the best way to do that and am open to suggestions. This will be the 'bottom' of an L-shaped desk.

Hi and nice project! Could you share the arduino code you have used. I found some for a spectrum analyzer but only for ws2801 or others, nothing for ws2811/12 neopixels....
Good Time says Michael