Carpark entry counter

Robin2:
Am I correct to assume that the tactile switches are a substitute for your IR sensors?

Correct

I haven't used the ethernet shield but I wonder should you be creating a new instance of client in every iteration of the loop? I would be inclined to create the instance once in setup.

hahaha, God I'm daft sometimes.

Am I correct to think that there is no problem when both switches are pressed provided one is pressed first and the problem only arises if both are pressed at the same time? Have you tried pressing them one after the other but with as short an interval as possible?

No, as soon as the second one is pressed(regardless of which is pressed first) it dies/freezes/becomes unresponsive/etc.

Is it possible that when you press the two switches you move something else that has a poor connection?

I'm, beginning to think so, as after a PC reboot, an Arduino reload, a board reset, and trying my best not to scream like a madman and rip it all to pieces then set it on fire.....it's stopped doing it.

Now, i just need to add time stamping and SD card save, and i think its about ready!

thanks for your help :slight_smile: