arduino life

Hello friends .. I have a question, I'm doing a home automation project and wanted to know what the life span of these boards and if these are used for commercial projects and home automation professional

Long time if not exposed to static electricity and overvoltages.

Most commercial/professional would create a custom design that allows for more positive connections than the female headers provide and with less parts - do you really need USB connectivity at every board? and add parts for RS232/RS485 interconnects between boards - or use one of the header less boards.

I need the board is connected to a voltage adapter 24 hours and a network connection.

Be possible without damage? lifetime and would have the Arduino?

You need a 24v to 5V adapter, and the network connection.
Would be simpler to take the heart of the arduino and make a standalone board.
24V/5V DC/DC module,
http://uk.mouser.com/Power/DC-DC-Converters/_/N-5gc7?P=1yxt7emZ1z0wdj3Z1yxt794&Keyword=recom&FS=True
power connector, 10uF cap, '328P, crystal, two 22pf caps, 3 100nF caps, 10K pullup resistor, RS485 driver (MAX488 for example), RJ45 connector (8-pin ethernet connector), 2x3 ICSP header for downloading via File:Upload using programmer. Add a serial header for debugging via FTDI module.
All parts available thru hole, could design it in about an hour. Maybe a little longer, need to look up the ethernet pinouts.

thanks for your help

So I could see something like this, populate screw terminals as needed.
Maybe change to a RS485 part with TX enable pin to avoid bus contention.

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding above. You don't need anything special. I have had a standard Arduino board, Uno and Mega, with an Ethernet shield and a 9v wall adapter power supply running continuously for months.

krlxz:
I need the board is connected to a voltage adapter 24 hours and a network connection.

Be possible without damage? lifetime and would have the Arduino?

If you're doing a personal home automation project, I wouldn't worry about the longevity of the board; as long as you keep the i/o within electrical tolerances I'd expect it to last effectively for ever - I have one that's been running for a couple of years now with unreliable breadboarded connections to its sensors.

In your scenario, you're quite likely to revise your design and expand your scope over time too, so the arduino gives you extra flexibility in that regard.

As to using it in commercially sold units - as Crossroads indicates above, it's not really suitable, although you might well find Atmel chips on custom boards in such products.

I was leaning more towards needing several, or quite a few, of these scattered around a home and all needing to talk to each other, while being able to securely connect things that would be monitored or controlled at each location. The board as shown could easily be expanded to include a couple of relays for controlling lamps, etc.
A multilevel stack of cards with just female headers is not ideal, and overly costly.
Uno will not accept 24V input, at least not for long - the 5V regulator is not cut out for that. A DC/DC switching regulator is really needed for that.

CrossRoads:
Uno will not accept 24V input, at least not for long

As Nick_Pyner pointed out, the OP did not mention 24V, he said 24 hours. But an interesting discussion none the less.

My MEGA 2560 has been working continuously with a mains voltage adaptor without any problems for a couple of years (barring my own coding errors that is!)

Ah, late night reading, dry contacts.
Whatever the voltage source, I use 5V wallwarts myself, a small card to support an inhouse RS485 network with secure connections makes sense to me.
Elektor magazine had a nearly yearlong series of articles on this that ended last summer (maybe 2 summers ago) with coding examples and working up a protocol to support it. Quite interesting reading. Pololu.com offers free issues of old copies, just pay shipping.

In other words I can be continuously connected my arduino board for a couple of years with no problems .. right?

Thanks for your help