Interfacing SD card shield to Arduino Uno

I would like to connect SD card shield to ICSP headers instead of digital pins 8-13 in Uno. Is there any changes in program to access ICSP header pins? Also I have to connect Slave Select pin from D10 itself because ICSP headers don't have a Slave Select pin right?

chinmay_bhat:
I would like to connect SD card shield to ICSP headers instead of digital pins 8-13 in Uno. Is there any changes in program to access ICSP header pins?

No changes required. You can't use D10-13 for anything else if you are using the SPI interface.

Also I have to connect Slave Select pin from D10 itself because ICSP headers don't have a Slave Select pin right?

Yes.

Thank you. But I need one more digital pin for a sensor in my project. The sensor is a metal detector. It gives LOW when a metallic object comes near it. Because all 12 digital pins are engaged between SPI interface and a 16*2 LCD display. What can I do? Can I access the analog pins for that?

chinmay_bhat:
Thank you. But I need one more digital pin for a sensor in my project. The sensor is a metal detector. It gives LOW when a metallic object comes near it. Because all 12 digital pins are engaged between SPI interface and a 16*2 LCD display. What can I do? Can I access the analog pins for that?

Yes.