Basic 664p/1284p board

skyjumper:

cowasaki:
I have been speaking with Jim 'Skywalker' and we both feel that there may be a hardware issue so this is the schematic:

Skywalker is that Luke guy, I prefer to fall through the sky :wink:

Actually, if you're doing this with the Arduino cores, why use the port macros at all? Use digitalwrite and such.

Probably best to get the code - even sample or test code - working on a known good Arduino first then upload it to this breadboard device.

Sorry Jim, brain was elsewhere! (I have a mental block with names and I've got used to talking to you with your real name!)

I didn't test it because it was a single line that I assumed was right. I now know it wasn't but the replacement code works on the 1284p and can be seen to work with the leds flashing on and off alternatively.

So the only issue at he moment is the uploading larger sketches.

The scope gives 15.99MHz for the pulse at the 1284p so timing there should be ok - I assume.

The core is the core you gave me for 16MHz and I am uploading at 38400 as per conv.

It does the same using either an arduino duemilanove board with it's RX/TX,5V&GND pins + reset OR a FDTI cable.

Just unpacking a delivery of all the kit to start SMT work then got to go to work so will have a mess with this tomorrow.

Once again thanks for all your help and that of everyone else, it is appreciated.