[MOD] Arduino Enhanced Release 1.0.5 for Windows (installer, drivers, etc) +SRC

Muchissimas Gracias !

Since arduino-0021 everything for me was broken, on two different Acer Aspire netbooks. Started developing on Uno, except for the ugly USB-COM in Win7 there was not too much problem and itwas FUN to make things. Had to upgrade Arduino IDE when I got Mega ADK, for almost a year NOTHING worked. I tried making tables of different combinations of Java, IDE, preferences.txt, and anything else suggested on the forums. Now with ERW 1.0.3 I can BLINK once more.

I took up Arduino not to troubleshoot WinDoze but to HAVE FUN MAKING THINGS.

THANK YOU!!!!

Enjoy a few beers on me, and I encourage everyone to contribute as well.

Good to know! thanks for the donation! $)

Hi eried hope you are well.

Ive been using ERW 1.0.3 with no problems on a Uno but now I'm using a Leonardo and I cannot get the coms to the monitor to work (same code but with the serial port test for the Leornardo).

It works ok with the non ERW ver 1.0.3

Any thoughts

best wishes
Graham

Hi eried hope you are well.

Ive been using ERW 1.0.3 with no problems on a Uno but now I'm using a Leonardo and I cannot get the coms to the monitor to work (same code but with the serial port test for the Leornardo).

It works ok with the non ERW ver 1.0.3

Any thoughts

best wishes
Graham

What kind of problem do you get with the Leonardo board?

I don't have one, but I know it works a little different. There is one guy porting some of the improvements to Teensy, so I am thinking on steal :stuck_out_tongue: some of that knowledge one day (because the Teensy works similar to the Leonardo) to make the mod work.

I use my monitor program for debugging that uses "Serial.print..." to write to the Monitor.

With ERW this does not work.

I'm no expert but my observation is that with the Leonardo the USB is in the processor itself and the USB link drops out and back in twice during every download. There are details on that elsewhere. You also need to wait for the instance of the serial port to established by adding.
while (!Serial) { ; // wait for serial port to connect. Needed for Leonardo only }

This I've done although I'm not convinced that works, nevertheless non-ERW environment works and ERW doesn't, shame because I really prefer your polished version and thought you should be aware. Without a Leonardo I guess your a bit stuffed. If I can do any tests to help you just shout up, in the meantime Ill use the tardy official IDE.

Thanks
Graham

Cool work. unfortunately, with the DUE, I need to use 1.5.1r2 .... So I cannot use your version.

But I bought you coffee/pepsi anyway.

ODwyerPW:
Cool work. unfortunately, with the DUE, I need to use 1.5.1r2 .... So I cannot use your version.

But I bought you coffee/pepsi anyway.

Thanks a lot! yes I know, I am waiting a little bit for some official 1.5 version so I do all the porting work in a marathon :smiley: (empowered by pepsi cola)

Great job! Donation confirmation number is 52D699411D1083802. Good luck. Eli

Variable or field 'serialEvent' declared void

I'd like see Pulse Sensor Visualizer on my laptop which used virtual COM3 port: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html, but Arduino soft can't Verify and Upload the PulseSensor file The "GettingStartedProject" – World Famous Electronics llc.
Please help me to view the heartbeat waveform and check my heart rate on laptop.

Hi, thanks for the donation!

About your issue: you have to download the file that says arduino, not the "processing" one (they are similar but only the interface)

Hey eried,
Good work man, keep it up....

Can u help me with getting the Taskbar icon right for version 1.5r2 though?? i know u are waiting for the Stable releases, but i work a lot with the DUE and it would be nice to have the better icon on the Taskbar, the high resolution one....

Please help

Regards

Check the github source, you can copy the code to the new one and compile it again with a shiny new icon.

but in github, there is no source for 1.5r2....

Am sorry for being stupid, i am a not very used to compiling and stuff

Regards

psgarcha92:
but in github, there is no source for 1.5r2....

Am sorry for being stupid, i am a not very used to compiling and stuff

Regards

There is a file with instructions, look how to make Arduino in google. You may merge a little bit the code from 1.0.3 into 1.5 (just the icon code). Otherwise you will have to wait until I do it

Hey eried

Thanks for all the work you have done already, what i am going to suggest might seem a little selfish, but,
have u ever used CodeBlocks Compiler? located here
http://www.codeblocks.org/downloads/26#windows

i ask because, i have been using it for a while now, and i have noticed that when i type in an opening brace "{", a closing brace, "}" is automatically placed in the next line, in a same way, typing in a " results in a closing " in the next line. We have templates now, but it would be really handy if this could also be there in the Arduino IDE. Do u think it is doable, without a lot of efforts?

Please take it just as a suggestion. I am personally a fan of your work, you are doing something the Arduino Team should be undertaking, hats off to you.

Regards

It is doable, but as every feature, I wait until several people ask for the same.

In my opinion, I hate these auto completions, I like visual studio style, non-intrusive completion. Sometimes you try to fix some piece of code and the extra stuff keeps showing up. In any new IDE I have to use, I first check how to disable the quotes, parentheses and brackets completion.

@eried,

I totally agree, but when typing long lines of code, which for example might contain if else conditions, it sometimes becomes hard to tell which Closing bracket/Brace belongs to which Opening bracket....if the code is auto formatted in the manner it is done in CoceBlocks, it becomes a lot easier.

Another thing i wanted to ask was, as i have read, your versions of Arduino IDE use newer WinAVR versions....can that ever cause anything to go wrong..? has it ever happened that a code would work fine on the original IDE and not work properly on your IDE??

I cant wait for u to port all you have done to the Due software :slight_smile:

Regards

Can you replace the shortcut CTRL+ALT+M (upload and then open the serial monitor) with something else?
because it prints the greek letter µ .

Sure, what do you suggest?

Also you can reverse the behavior in preferences.txt: