Wireless remote trigger for Canon EOS camera, using a simple IR LED diodes

I want to build me a remote control so that I can trigger my Canon EOS 7D camera in the same way as one does with a RC-6 wireless remote control. I bought the IR LED diodes with 850nm and 900nm wavelenght. Just need to release the camera immediately (without time delays).

Someone who has written a scetch for this?

Quick google resulted in this:
http://sebastian.setz.name/arduino/my-libraries/multi-camera-ir-control/

I have tested several sketcher, but get Compeilig problems with em all. Whith this "multiCameraIrControl" I got the error message " 'Canon' does not name a type".
I am a new beginning novice so I still need further assistance.

This is one of the sketches I have tested:

#include <multiCameraIRControl.h>
Canon D5(9);
void setup(){
}
void loop(){
D5.shutterNow();
delay(5000);
D5.shutterDelayed();
delay(5000);
}

#include <multiCameraIRControl.h>

should be

#include <multiCameraIrControl.h>

Note the lower case r in Ir.

OK, thank you. I tested one more time, but still got the compiling message: 'Canon' does not name a type

This is the new sketches I have tested:

#include <multiCameraIrControl.h>
Canon D5(9);
void setup(){
}
void loop(){
D5.shutterNow();
delay(5000);
D5.shutterDelayed();
delay(5000);
}

Is that the only message you get? I downloaded the library and copied your sketch, and it compiles fine.

You have downloaded the library, and unzipped it to the correct location?

Purhaps that is the proplem.

I have also downloaded the "IRremote", and unzipped it to my ordinary "download map". Do I have to move it to anoter location?

You should create (if you don't already have one) a libraries directory in the directory where you save sketches. Then unzip the library to that new directory.

Also, it can help to turn on verbose mode for compilation (or uploading) depending upon which is causing problems. This can be done by selecting the Preferences option from the File Menu and clicking verbose compilation... See attached screen capture to illustrate.

Oh, after installing or changing a library you will need to restart (exit and come back) the Arduino IDE so that it will recognize the changes.

ArduinoVerboseCompile.png

OK, I have now unzipped the program and tested it again. Now I got anoter compiling error messages. My windows is not like ours. Please see the pictures of my skreen.

That error indicates something wrong with your Arduino install. How did you install it? Do you have administrator rights on that Windows machine?

What is the Sketchbook location shown in your preferences dialog, where wanderson's is shown as /home/wandrson/sketchbook?

Open that folder in explorer (assuming Windows, finder if OS X).

Create, if not already there, a folder called libraries.

Inside that libraries folder, unzip the multiCameraIrControl library. It should create its own folder containing the .h and .cpp files.

Delete any other multiCameraIrControl files that you unzipped earlier.

ok, now I have deleted all my Arduino files. My new setup is like this:

I open the program from c:/programfiles/arduino-1.0.1
and I open the sketch from c:/users/Bjorn Tore/my documents/Arduino/multiCameraIrController/examples/Canon/canon.pde (can not find any .INO-files so I guess I had to use this .pde files).

My new Error messages is:

BjornTore:

and I open the sketch from c:/users/Bjorn Tore/my documents/Arduino/multiCameraIrController/examples/Canon/canon.pde (can not find any .INO-files so I guess I had to use this .pde files).

Sorry just checked on my windows box and the library should have been place in a libraries subdirectory... So your path should have been

c:/users/Bjorn Tore/my documents/Arduino/libraries/multiCameraIrController/examples/Canon/canon.pde

And be sure to restart the IDE AFTER you move the directory

I tried it for my Canon 600D, but also without success.

void sendInfraredSignal() {
  for(int i=0; i<16; i++) { 
    digitalWrite(irLED, HIGH);
    delayMicroseconds(11);
    digitalWrite(irLED, LOW);
    delayMicroseconds(11);
   } 
   delayMicroseconds(7330); 
   for(int i=0; i<16; i++) { 
     digitalWrite(irLED, HIGH);
     delayMicroseconds(11);
     digitalWrite(irLED, LOW);
     delayMicroseconds(11);
   }   
}

I tried it once with following IR-LED (Conrad no- 18 43 65) and once with (Conrad IR-LED No- 18 45 51)

I am not sure if the IR-Leds are not ok or the sketch are not right ??
Have anyone a well experience with Canmon 600D and such IR-Arduino combination ??

So I will buy a RC-6 remote controller and will hack it...

wanderson:

BjornTore:

Sorry just checked on my windows box and the library should have been place in a libraries subdirectory... So your path should have been

c:/users/Bjorn Tore/my documents/Arduino/libraries/multiCameraIrController/examples/Canon/canon.pde

And be sure to restart the IDE AFTER you move the directory

Indeed it needs to be in the libraries folder - after that it should appear in your IDE under import>library and there will also be a multiCamerIrControl folder in the examples folder.

Any IR LED should work, to my knowledge.