Help needed with earthnet shield

Hi I am building an ROV but have a problem I am hopeing you can help with.
I want to use a mega with sensor shield attached . I also need to conect an Ethernet shield
I was wondering if I could mount the Ethernet shield remotely on a Pcb enabling me use the sensor shield for my ESCs relays and servos ect.
If I can could any one tell me if I need to conect all the pins or just the ones the Ethernet shield uses
Thank you in advance
Al

I want to use a mega with sensor shield attached

Any old sensor shield? Or, some specific one?

I also need to conect an Ethernet shield

On the remotely operated vehicle? How will you connect the ethernet cable to the moving vehicle?

I was wondering if I could mount the Ethernet shield remotely on a Pcb enabling me use the sensor shield for my ESCs relays and servos ect.

Sure.

If I can could any one tell me if I need to conect all the pins or just the ones the Ethernet shield uses

Just the ones that the Ethernet shield uses need to be connected.

Hi the sensor shield and Ethernet shield are eBay generic ones.
I tried to ad pictures but it will not let me as the option is greyed out.
The ROV is a submarine that will dive to around 30m
It will be teathered to a lap top by a cat 5 cable
Al

The ROV is a submarine that will dive to around 30m
It will be teathered to a lap top by a cat 5 cable

And why does the ROV need internet access? Why isn't the laptop able to supply all the data it needs?

There no Internet involved just useing Ethernet is the most effective way of conecting the rov to the laptop over the 150ft teather
Al

There no Internet involved just useing Ethernet is the most effective way of conecting the rov to the laptop over the 150ft teather

Cat5 cable is stiff, so the ROV will need a strong power plant to move about. You probably have sufficient control over standard cat3 phone wire. You don't actually need an ethernet shield, but using one might broaden the communication possibilities.