Original firmware in Arduino Uno R3

Hi,

I was doing the usb keyboard project with the Uno, changed the firmware in the Serial-usb chip using the DFU mode with Flip.

Now, I want to do another project, but I cant remember the correct files that I have to upload.

Can someone help me to get the Uno to its original configuration?

Thanks

\arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\firmwares\Arduino-COMBINED-dfu-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex?

I'm going to try that one, but now the problem is that i cant get the uno into DFU mode, because it's recognized as a keyboard as soon as in connect it to the pc, and starts sending characters.

thank you!

Have you tried resetting the 16u2 by shorting pin 5&6?

You will have to install the Atmega16u2 driver from the ATMEL\FLIP 3.4.7\USB directory. The .hex file will not load into FLIP until you read from the 16u2 information from the chip into FLIP.

I'll try that later and let you know. I was using different pins for the reset, so that's why i wasn't able to do it.

Thank you!

I got it.

To put the R3 in DFU mode, just connect the reset and gnd pins together,hold them for a few seconds adn disconnect them. Then, disconnect the Uno from the PC and connect it again.

Using Atmel's FLIP, select the arduino-1.0.1\hardware\arduino\firmwares\arduino-usbserial\Arduino-usbserial-atmega16u2-Uno-Rev3.hex

Select Settings\Communication\USB and open the port.

Select the Flash memory and check Verify.

Click Run, and that's it.

Disconnect and connect the Uno to the PC.

This way, with this firmware, the Uno will be recognized as Arduino Uno R3, and not Atmega16U2.

I tried the step you told above but I still can't turn r3 to dfu mode. =(

It probably means that your firmware got tweaked (ESD, etc). FLIP seems to only work if you changed the firmware to some other input device.

Do you have a programmer that can hook up to the 16U2 header?