Suggestions

1st: allowing to view over 100 topics list. Ideally, let people choose between showing 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 topics.

2nd: Very importante: add the possibility to let us search through our previous topics (all of them).

Thank you

aimaty:
allowing to view over 100 topics list. Ideally, let people choose between showing 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 topics.

Makes sense, also for posts in a thread. I learned some time back to set it to 50 as the maximum available at this point but 200 for topics would be preferable, especially for searching. The smaller numbers are a throwback to computers suffering the apocryphal Bill Gates restriction. :grinning:

aimaty:
Very important: add the possibility to let us search through our previous topics (all of them).

Excellent idea.

But little response to such suggestions.

aimaty:
2nd: Very importante: add the possibility to let us search through our previous topics (all of them).

The sad thing is the forum used to have a much better search system that would at least allow you to search all the topics you participated in as well as many other useful features. It still exists but no longer works: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=search. I understand why they switched to using Google but it's just not very useful. Often I want my search results sorted by most recent first and Google doesn't do that. For example I try to search something about the Zero board and I'm getting results from 2009 when the Zero was just a twinkle in Massimo Banzi's eye. We always tell people to search first before posting but if there are 20 pages of results for a search then most people won't bother going through all of them if most aren't relevant. There is an issue posted to the forum bug tracker but it was tagged as "minor". "Real" forum search is missing · Issue #167 · arduino/forum-assets · GitHub

pert:
Often I want my search results sorted by most recent first and Google doesn't do that.

You can get Google to restrict its search to a time period.

...R

That's true I didn't know that, thanks! That is based on the start date of the topic so if there are recent comments on an topic started before your date range then they won't show in the results. I know it's not considered a good practice to revive old threads but really I don't see a reason why discussion on the same topic should be broken up. Some threads are also under ongoing discussions for long periods of time. Even with these limitations it's much more useful than the default Google search results. The other limitations I see of using Google search vs the built in forum search is that you can't search a specific board and searching for a username that is a commonly used word won't work either.

pert:
and searching for a username that is a commonly used word won't work either.

Perhaps you should have thought of that before settling on your user name. I can imagine Google finding lots of interesting stuff with the word "pert"

Isn't hindsight wonderful :slight_smile:

...R

Robin2:
I can imagine Google finding lots of interesting stuff with the word "pert"

Oooh! :astonished: