pins_arduino.c

I have a file that defines all the pins on the mega. In version 0022 all i had to do was replace the old pins_arduino.c file with the new one. Now in version 1.0.1 there is no such fileone. Is it named something else or merged with a different file?

Thanks

I count five different versions of the pins_arduino.h avalible in the Aduino standard 1.0.3 release. They are each in their own folder in the IDE core files. On my windows PC they are stored here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Primary Windows User\My Documents\My Programs\Arduino\arduino-1.0.3\hardware\arduino\variants

I'll attempt to attach the file for the mega boards.

Edit: that didn't work too big.

Lefty

AH ok, thanks.

I was looking in the old place of .../arduino/cores/arduino

Didn't occur to me that they might put them someplace else - duh.

THANKS! :slight_smile:

Well I'm still at an impass, the file I need to replace is pins_arduino.c and all the ones in the variants folders are all pins_arduino.h

Humm, I'll see if I can figure out what I need to add to get all the pins maped on the mega.

EDIT
Well thats a bit over my head. $)

Basically I need to map all the pins on a MEGA2560. I know I can just roll back to 0022 but I would like to keep up with the times so to speak. Any help?

Jassper:
Well I'm still at an impass, the file I need to replace is pins_arduino.c and all the ones in the variants folders are all pins_arduino.h

Humm, I'll see if I can figure out what I need to add to get all the pins maped on the mega.

EDIT
Well thats a bit over my head. $)

Basically I need to map all the pins on a MEGA2560. I know I can just roll back to 0022 but I would like to keep up with the times so to speak. Any help?

Which variant folder it uses is determined by the board you have selected before you do a verify or upload operation. The folder named mega is the pins_arduino.c file that defines the pin mapping for the arduino mega1280 or mega2560 boards.

Lefty

Mine only has the .h file and not the .c, I'm not sure what the difference is, tomorrow I will try placing the .c file in there and see what happens.

Thanks!

I'd like to see a pins_arduino.h that breaks out All the pins. Be useful when making a standalone 1280/2560 board with a schmartboard breakout board.

Simply pasting the .c file in the .../varients/mega folder did nothing so I changed the file extension to .h and renamed the original, that produced all kinds of errors, so no dice.

I had to roll back to 0022 to get the file to load properly.

If anyone wants to migrate the file I will gladly send it to you. :wink:

Jassper:
Simply pasting the .c file in the .../varients/mega folder did nothing so I changed the file extension to .h and renamed the original, that produced all kinds of errors, so no dice.

How familiar are you with C, C++ programming? You should modify the renamed file. Best way is to take an existing pins_arduino.h and modify it to your needs.

Cheers
Steffen