Multiple Access Control - Arduino Uno?

Thanks for the reply Draythomp

I currently have the Uno, Keypads, breadboards, circuit boards, wires, many various gates, etc to buid the circuitry and am simulating the 'Access' / 'No Access' with LED's which I have.

I have read other project reports that say the Uno will require at least 4 inputs to read the keypad inputs alone. (Does that mean that I would need 40 inputs for 10 keypads??)

I used a processor last year which used 'C' language that I got to grips with quite well on the programming side, so I am quite confident I can master the Arduino coding.

Can I use the Uno to store 'Keycodes' and then have the 'Keypads' send info back to the Uno? The Uno will then assess the information and set a pre-defined output (pin) to say...'High' for 'Correct code' and stay 'Low' for incorrect? In conjunction wit another signal, this would then power the relating LED. Again,I think I can master this, but am just looking to know what the Uno is capable of.

Again, I'm not proud seeking assistance, but any verication you can offer that I'm heading in the right direction will help me greatly.

Many thanks again