avr to vfd

Your photograph shows at least four displays. It looks like three of them are LCDs and one is a VFD. I thought we are dealing with the VFD since that is what is is in the forum title yet it is one of the LCDs that seems to be displaying a single 'S'. If that is the 'S' to which you were referring then why did you call it an 's' ?

There is no place in your program where you are sending an 's' to the LCD but the last character that you are sending to the top line is an 'S'. Try putting a delay in there and see if all of the characters are actually being sent but all you are seeing is the last one.

Tried the alteration you suggested; the same result after upload.

Let's try this part again.

...  // function set: 8-bit interface, 1 display lines, 5x7 font
... // begin on (0,0) row1
... // begin on (0,1) row2

While you are at it - here are the previous questions you haven't answered and the requests that you have not fulfilled so far. These are just for this thread, they do not include the one in May.

Reply #4
-Which code?
-Pixels or blocks?
-On row 1 or on rows 1 and 3?
-What is channel 7 showing?
-I really cannot make any suggestions without seeing the code along with clear photographs of the interconnections and the resulting screen.
-You seem to have at least one LCD functioning. What code did you use for that one?

Reply #10
-...we don't know which of your programs is associated with which picture.
-I suggest that you pick one of your programs, post the code, post a legible picture of the interconnections between the display and the Arduino, and post a legible picture or explanation of exactly what appeared on the display when you ran that code.

Reply #13
-And where does that character appear?
-Which picture satisfies this request? "post a legible picture of the interconnections between the display and the Arduino"

Don