avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

im getting this error when uploading my sketch in to my new uno

"Binary sketch size: 1,084 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 "

im having arduino uno rev3 bought from the dx. using windows xp sp3, arduino 1.o.3 ide, arduino is connected in COM28....... is this problem with board?
arduino is not found in device manager.

I don't know much, but almost every time I get this error it's because I have a fried the IC (atmega 328p) if the uno is one where you can pull out the chip, and you have extra, you could put one in and see if that fixes it (ATmega328 with Arduino Optiboot (Uno) - DEV-10524 - SparkFun Electronics). Almost always does for me. Another possibility maybe double check you have the right board selected in the menu, try uploading default programs that you know work, etc...

Hi Vikirobot, if your Arduino doesn´t show up under PORTs in device manager, then you most likely didn´t install the drivers correctly.

Unplug your UNO, open PORTS ( COM & LPT ).
When you plug your UNO you should hear the WINDOWS tone, NEW HARDWARE FOUND and you should see your UNO as an USB device.

The WINDOWS installer opens;
Check “ NO “, then NEXT
Check “ SPECIFIC “, NEXT
Check “ LOOK FOR “, check INCLUDE, click “ EXAMINE “
Click on “ drivers “, DON¨T open the folder.
Click on “ drivers “ AGAIN and “ ACCEPT “
Click on “ NEXT “
WINDOWS will look for, find and install the drivers
Click “ FINISH “and your UNO will show as “ Arduino UNO R3 ( COM X ); X is your port number.

Now open ARDUINO IDE by double clicking on the ICON, select “ TOOLS “,
Verify that your “ BOARD “ is listed as UNO and that your “ SERIAL PORT “ is checked as COM X.
Now you´reready to suffer a bit, but it´s worth the pain. :slight_smile:

vikirobot:
im getting this error when uploading my sketch in to my new uno

Click on Help / Troubleshooting.

almost every time I get this error it's because I have a fried the IC (atmega 328p)

Hi treebykooba, HOW do you manage this? You are obviously making BAD/WRONG connections. They don´t get fried just by themselves so take some care and save some money.

alah:
almost every time I get this error it's because I have a fried the IC (atmega 328p)

Hi treebykooba, HOW do you manage this? You are obviously making BAD/WRONG connections. They don´t get fried just by themselves so take some care and save some money.

Heh, I don't know about treebykooba, but I managed that once by connecting a 9V battery directly on the raw (<12V) input of a Pro Micro. These days, I connect a capacitor to avoid spikes when trying to power up the chip.. A switch might help too.

problem fixed. it is due to driver only i reinstalled it XD