Earthshine Electronics

Has anybody bought anything from Earthshine Electronics?

It took them 3 days to dispatch my order even though their website said it was in stock.

It has now been a week and I still haven't received anything.

Is this a genuine website or should I try to get a refund through paypal?

I defiantly wouldn't recommend dealing with these guys in the future...

Is this a genuine website

Yes but I think the guy does it part time.

Where are you ordering from?
A week doesn't sound too unreasonable to me - I've had 3 weeks or more for orders from some places.

Have you sent an email to ask chase the order up?

Mowcius

mowcius:
Yes but I think the guy does it part time.

If I would have known that I would have bought if from somewhere else. Its the fact that it took 3 days for the order to be dispatched.

They should make a note on the arduino website that its a part-time shop, and your order isn't processed immediately.

/end rant :zipper_mouth_face:

If I would have known that I would have bought if from somewhere else. Its the fact that it took 3 days for the order to be dispatched.

They should make a note on the arduino website that its a part-time shop, and your order isn't processed immediately.

Well I don't know that for sure - many websites are also run by someone part time or they do other things as well. Hell, Sparkfun started off with a guy in his bedroom processing orders.
There may be a completely different reason for the delay - like I said, try email.

3 days to dispatch is perfectly resonable. Once dispatched it is in the hands of the postal services and sometimes they are fast, sometimes they are slow.

The T&Cs of the company wesbite (which you have to read and agree to BEFORE making your order) clearly state................

"Orders are usually dispatched within 48 hours of receiving payment. In some cases orders are dispatched the same day as the order. Orders made at a weekend will be dispatched the following Monday at the earliest. However, we cannot guarantee the above and there may be times when orders take longer due to unforeseen circumstances, e.g. a large order, which will take time to process, has been received prior to your order. If your order is urgent or you require special shipping methods then contact us BEFORE you make your order to arrange this. If you do not do this, the item will be sent via standard First Class mail and will therefore have no guaranteed shipping or delivery date. "

So if you needed it urgently you should have made arrangements before clicking the ACCEPT button.

Even most ebayers dispatch quicker! And if 3 days is perfectly reasonable, then why am I not the only person to complain about your poor delivery times.

And don't blame Royal Mail. Its not the Christmas rush.

then why am I not the only person to complain about your poor delivery times.

We don't work for Earthshine Electronics... Mike Mc was just quoting the website T&Cs which you should have read.

Have you tried email yet?

He didnt respond to my emails so I tried twitter.

Got the same response as Mike Mc posted. Made me think it was the same person, as well as reading this post:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292921236

But yes. I learned the hard way. Read the small print! I just wish he would have made it clearer, so I could have got it somewhere else.

I hope this guy received his:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1294852284

Ok, perhaps he does work for the company, my mistake.

I'm pretty sure he is the company.

My starter kit (which was slow to arrive, but that was expected after reading these forum posts) had a number of issues that are still unresolved:

• It included a faulty part.
  • The booklet with example circuits/code told me to use components that the kit didn't include.
  • The kit included components that there was no instructions of how to use (less of an issue as I could find some examples on the web).

I've sent two emails to Mike in the last couple of weeks but have had no reply at all. Not a good experience.

So, 3 years later and no improvement, eh?

I hope that at least the order has been delivered :wink:

More serious, EE was one of the first with a very good tutorial (PDF) available..

Yes, I still have my Rev 5 "manual" that one could download.

Still can?
http://earthshineelectronics.com/

Welcome to Earthshine Electronics, your premier Arduino and electronics hobbiest store. If you are looking for "The Complete Beginners Guide to the Arduino" then send us an email and we will send it back to you.

REV5 is still available under the section BLOG