LOS ANGELES AREA? or SO CAL?

Just started this could be fun I live in the la area well up in the Palmdale lancaster area.

I like to join too, live in Mission Viejo (orange county)

I have a Diecamilia and Live in LA near Hollywood. We should all just pick a place and start talking. :wink:

dcwilson303@facebook.com

I am also interested in joining an LA-area group. We are a small start-up based in Pasadena, and can offer a workshop-type space for Sunday (?) meetings once a month if anyone can travel to Pasadena. But also happy to meet someplace else if people prefer. Can anyone meet June 19th or 26th ?

Hey y'all, I'm in tarzana. Let's all meet up sometime soon. I'm sure one of the bars or pubs in the area would be willing to host us. We can try something in North Hollywood or Maybe Northridge.

Let's get together.

C.

Machine Project is having a set of classes coming up in LA, but as I'm in central OC (Orange County), that's too much of a hike for me.

http://machineproject.com/archive/classwork/2011/08/02/introduction-to-microcontrollers-with-arduino-2/

I would be interested in just about anything in OC though.

GB

What day would you guys prefer to meet up though? Friday nights? Saturdays? Sundays? It would be nice to share projects and ideas, and would definitely make learning a whole lot faster :slight_smile:

Im keeping my eye on this thread. If it is on a day I'm free i'll be there.

I vote for tuesday or thursday evening start 6-7 ish.

everyone post what cities they live in and what schedules work best.. so we know where and when to plan a meet up.. I live in the Irvine area. We should probably have a short agenda for the meeting so we know what level everyone is and the most common difficulties and common project interests and stuff.

Next thurs works for me (8/11/11). Anyone else interested?

Tue or Thursday sounds good. I'm in for the 11th. Anyone else?

C.

Interested as well.

I have absolutely no experience with programing of any sorts. I'm a visual learner that is not getting very far with reading the Arduino Cookbook. :frowning:

Looking for a group with a lot of patience for a beginners constant questions. :slight_smile:

Im trying to build 16 relay sequencer that the speed is controlled by a pot and only runs when a push button is held down and holds last position when button is released. Also has a reset button that returns it to a standby LED before Relay #1.

M

Im in the SGV area.

Looks like we have enough for a small group. Please pm me your email address so I can start emailing everyone and start scheduling something :slight_smile:

Are you all still meeting?
I'm really new too Ardunio, but I really want to learn this stuff.
I have a some what background to programming (Python, AS3)

I want to go! I'm looking for hobbies that match the type of stuff that I like.

Hit me up next time! PLEASE!

hi everyone
my friend just opened up a coffee shop in Koreatown LA
& they've got great drip coffee
& they're trying to make their space the hub for creatives to come
learn, discuss, discover and connect

i think you guys should hold monthly gatherings there!
i'm happy to help organize & host (:

and they also have an adjacent art gallery
so maybe you can work on projects to gether, showcase
so people can experience your artwork

please contact me!
rebeccatesiapark@gmail.com

If you are close to San Diego, we have a meetup group that is kicking off monthly meetings in January. To join and for details:

grantb5:
Machine Project is having a set of classes coming up in LA, but as I'm in central OC (Orange County), that's too much of a hike for me.

http://machineproject.com/archive/classwork/2011/08/02/introduction-to-microcontrollers-with-arduino-2/

I would be interested in just about anything in OC though.

GB

I'm in OC, too. Did you find anything, and if not, would you like to start something? I hear Fullerton has a great hackerspace, but I haven't checked it out yet. A small group to geek out with would be great.

~natalia.

interested as well but an hour drive from Oxnard is too much for me to make even if its once a week.

North OC?, Anaheim is anyone there??? to hear the cries in the Wilderness? an Arduino Group would be great.
Doc

I live in Moorpark, CA but work in San Fernando. I'd love to join an LA group if it ever gets up and running!!!