Temperature and Pressure sensor with display and wireless to be

Hi all I am looking to build a wireless temperature and pressure transmittor that also has a display that I can view. I would also like to be able to use this with a smartphone so that I can monitor while away.

Can anyone please direct me to a bill of materials.

Temperature sensor specs are - 0C to 70C - approximately
Pressure sensor would be 0 H2O to 1 in of H2O water collum.

I am more mechanical in nature and not the best at electronic cicuitry. There are sensors out there but they are way to costly for what I want to do.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Cinkerator

It's not clear what you want.

Is the display on the remote sensor, or on some kind of central control unit ?
How far is the distance from the remote sensor to the central unit ?
Is that central unit connected to ethernet, or also wireless with wifi ?
Does the remote sensor have ethernet connection ?
Is it perhaps only the remote sensor without central unit, and have the remote sensor (for example with wifi) run a website on it with the data that you can see on a tablet or smartphone.
What kind of display. Is a very cheap LCD of 2x16 characters enough ?

Cinkerator:
There are sensors out there but they are way to costly for what I want to do.

You can get a suitable temp sensor for about $5. A pressure sensor may cost a little more.

For reasons I don't understand, it can cost about $100 to put an Arduino on WifI. If you can avoid doing that, the whole deal could cost less than $50

If your phone can see anything of note here

https://cosm.com/feeds/83153

it is looking at the output from an Arduino

Electric Imp would allow you to connect something over WiFi to internet and then you could see sensor readings on a web page using your phone. However, you also need a wireless router and an internet connection and the Imp costs 30 bucks. It does have a Cortex M3 processor built in. There is a separate break out board for the pins on the tiny SD card sized imp and that's another 13 bucks..

Pressure sensors are temperature calibrated, but I couldn't find one yet that would also give the temperature reading out. There is one example project here, using one of these kind of pressure transducers, an Arduino and a WiFi shield to send out the readings. Does this look like something you are looking for? This particular pressure sensor seems to cost under $10.
http://www.practicalarduino.com/projects/water-tank-depth-sensor

I don't know which way would be cheaper. Is it necessary to go wireless with the sensor board. That's probably the most expensive part. If the Arduino connected to a router by wire, then sent the readings out to one of these online services, you would be able to monitor those readings on that web site using the phone without paying for the WiFi shield. Unless I'm mistaken, it would still take about 25 bucks to connect an Arduino to Ethernet though. Or then just connect it via USB. The cost depends on what you already have for connectivity if we are talking about wireless connections. Sensors are usually just a couple of bucks, a lot cheaper than what it takes to connect these to the net in any case.

To Krodal, Thank you for your response.

Is the display on the remote sensor, or on some kind of central control unit ? - No it does not need to be. The display could be attached via wires to the sensor board and then I could hang it on my wall.

How far is the distance from the remote sensor to the central unit ? - Maybe about 5 to 6 feet.

Is that central unit connected to ethernet, or also wireless with wifi ? I have a wireless router in my house, however I do not have the central unit built. That is what I am looking to acheive here.

Does the remote sensor have ethernet connection ? - No...it would connect directly to the central unit and from there that would transmit wirelessly.

Is it perhaps only the remote sensor without central unit, and have the remote sensor (for example with wifi) run a website on it with the data that you can see on a tablet or smartphone. - If this could be the case, then that would be great.
What kind of display. Is a very cheap LCD of 2x16 characters enough ? - Just enough space to tell me, temperature, pressure, maybe time and a wi fi icon.

To Nick_Pyner

You can get a suitable temp sensor for about $5. A pressure sensor may cost a little more.

For reasons I don't understand, it can cost about $100 to put an Arduino on WifI. If you can avoid doing that, the whole deal could cost less than $50

If your phone can see anything of note here

https://cosm.com/feeds/83153

it is looking at the output from an Arduino.

thanks for the comments. I will check it out. I also have no idea why the Arduino unit costs crazy dollars. Keep'n the man down!

To Chaul,

Hey thanks for the direction. I don't think your specific project was a match, but I that website led me to this project which I think is going to get me kinda close. Online Thermometer | Freetronics

I am very new to this Arduino stuff and I would like for my first project to go well.

Cinkerator:
for the direction. I don't think , but I that website led me to this project I think is going to . Online Thermometer | Freetronics
I am very new to this Arduino stuff and I would like for my project go well.

I have used this OK but it iss only for LAN, not a path to the internet

Are you measuring atmospheric pressure, or gas pressure, or liquid pressure ?

I am using this to measure gauge pressure. So something from 0 to 15 psi, should be plenty. I'm hoping to find a sensor that also outputs pressure and temperature. because you need temperature to measure the pressure.

I could suggest looking at how automatic tire pressure sensors work. I have no idea how they work,
the concept seems very tricky to me, but they seem to be becoming commonplace on new vehicles.
And they must have some kind of wireless scheme going there, because there are no wires running
to the tires.

That freetronics project is well documented.
It is a very good start.
You could add the sensors and a LCD to that, so you don't need a central unit.

A wifi shield is expensive, but you could use an ethernet shield with a wifi client device. I have Linksys WAP54G and WRT54G with DD-WRT firmware and have set them as wireless client bridge. I use a Arduino Mega with ethernet shield. I started with an Arduino Uno and ethernet shield, but my code became too large.

You can buy Arduino boards on Ebay, but they have very cheap components, so perhaps a crystal could fail. The official ones have better components. My Arduino Mega and ethernet shield from Ebay are fine and costs only 13 and 11 euros.

The pressure sensor is something very specific.
Do you need to connect it to a tube, what diameter ?
Absolute (baromic pressure) or relative pressure (relative to the surrounding air) ?
What kind of accuracy ?