Automated LED for shop

Yes interior light sensing is more challenging. I was hoping to be able to do something like the following

If presence detected in direct area light set to 35 lumens per SF (or adjustable)
If presence detected in another zone but not this zone dim to 20 lumens per SF
If no presence detected in all areas all lights off

I will have a few zonal areas like the main shop the paint booth, the shipping department and other areas. So I will need to program say 5 zones with similar functionality but not interdependence. In other words if no presence detected in the paint booth all lights off in the paint booth, regardless if all sensors detect people in all other zones.

I hope to be able to find light sensors that can detect specific light values and control the lighting dependent on that... otherwise I will not be able to control lighting dynamically. As you mentioned normal light sensors sold in hardware stores turn on or off lights at a dusk like setting so the lights turn on then the sensor sees the light bouncing off the walls and turn off the light, then the sensors see that there is no light and it turns on the light and so on. I was at a store when a customer was arguing an employee about how the lights with a photocell should work inside because it works outside, it actually got heated bless the employee for his efforts but the customer just did not get that the light bounces around inside and outside it does not (laymen explanation).

So the big questions;
Which sensors give a specific value of light input to the Arduino board
How do you control a single 34V 1.6A led with dimming capabilities (or without for that matter)

How do you program this functionality.