problem with the programming port(no device found on COM18)

Hi,
If i try to upload a sketch to my due via the programming port, the IDE writes "no device found on COM18". But it has already worked. I use windows and I have installed the driver for the board. However when I try to upload a sketch via the native usb port it works. I have also tried it with another pc but there was no difference. How can I fix this problem.

michael__k:
Hi,
If i try to upload a sketch to my due via the programming port, the IDE writes "no device found on COM18". But it has already worked. I use windows and I have installed the driver for the board. However when I try to upload a sketch via the native usb port it works. I have also tried it with another pc but there was no difference. How can I fix this problem.

Try connecting using the native usb port. Then press the erase and the reset button at the same time. If everything went well, the bossac port will connect to your pc. You can upload a random sketch with the arduino ide then. After that, press the reset button again. And everything should work again.

Thank you for your help, but it didn't work. When I connect the due with the native port to my pc it's name is bossa program port when I upload a sketch it's name is Arduino Due. Could it be possible that I have destroyed my arduino?

michael__k:
Thank you for your help, but it didn't work. When I connect the due with the native port to my pc it's name is bossa program port when I upload a sketch it's name is Arduino Due. Could it be possible that I have destroyed my arduino?

No, about that 2 ports it's correct. After you upload using the bossac port and press reset, it should work again. Don't forget to choose native port in the arduino ide.

The native port isn't the problem. I can't upload a sketch via the programming port.

michael__k:
The native port isn't the problem. I can't upload a sketch via the programming port.

Oh, okay. That's weird then.

I've been having the same problem but very inconsistently. When I go look in device manager, the COM port shows up. However, in the drop down menu of the IDE, there is no option to select either of the Due ports and the IDE reports the error you described. I've found I have to unplug it, let it sit, and then after a while plug it back in and try again. I've also found it to function more reliably on the rear USB ports of my computer than the front USB. Very frustrating when it happens but at least eventually it does come back.

I uploaded a sketch which some Serial.println(); commands via the native usb port. Then I connected a RS232 Module to the TX0 and RX0 pin and connected it with Putty (terminal programm), but I didn't received any data. After that I used the Serial3.println(); command and connected the module to the TX3 and RX3 pins and then I received the sent data. I think that I had destroyed my arduino =(