Nutter or Genius?

GoForSmoke:
Pi is an irrational number (can't be expressed as a ratio of integers) regardless of base.

Exactly. Or alternatively put it, a result of two incommensurate periods. I wonder why there's not as much fascination to other irrational numbers such as square root of 2 being 1.4142136... It's every bit as practical as pi. If you see some independent variable change by a factor of 2 but your dependent variable only changing about 40%, you are likely looking at a y=sqrt(x) situation. I routinely cancel square of pi with gravity g since their numerical values only differ by less than 1%. There's no hidden message here. Just numerical coincidence. I also hate the calender. Some irrelevant initial conditions have set the period of earth rotation, revolution around sun and moon revolution around earth and we are trying to make sense by hodgepodging these three incommensurate periods together into various calenders even to this day. The crazy leap day, some once per 4 years but not per 100 years but again per 400 years and again some stuff 8000 year you will have to do what?!