Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 - Json - Failed verification  (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

wvijay

Hello

I have been using NodeMcu for a while without any issues until yesterday with an Error reporting " http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json - Failed Verification ". Any fix for this. Searched the net with no Positive solution. Any help will be appreciated. THX
Best Wishes

pert

Try this:
  • Click the link at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 (or similar name) folder.
  • Delete all files except preferences.txt. Please be very careful when deleting things on your computer. When in doubt back up!
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager

Hopefully this time you will not encounter the verification failure.

wvijay

wvijay

Have an error as follows:

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Sketch uses 247067 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 32888 bytes (40%) of dynamic memory, leaving 49032 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
Uploading 251216 bytes from C:\ProgramData\Codino\Codino\3.0.0.0\VijayKumarW-PCVijay_Kumar_W\CodinoUp/Blink.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn't receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

wvijay

Try this:
  • Click the link at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 (or similar name) folder.
  • Delete all files except preferences.txt. Please be very careful when deleting things on your computer. When in doubt back up!
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager

Hopefully this time you will not encounter the verification failure.

Hello
I have completely uninstalled IDE and Codeino and will install afresh. Hope this resolves the issue. Anything else I must follow to get rid of the issue http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json - Failed Verification. Thanks

pert

Anything else I must follow to get rid of the issue http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json - Failed Verification.
I thought it was already solved.

wvijay

No. Even after deleting all the files within preferences, it still came up with the error "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json - Failed Verification. ". So i just decided to fresh install. I am planning to install the BETA version. You views on this. Thx

pert

Another cause of the JSON file verification problem might be your antivirus software. If the verification problem persists with the new installation try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus just long enough to run Boards Manager and check whether the problem goes away. If so, you will need to modify your antivirus settings to whitelist the file, process, or folder that's being blocked.

Regarding the beta version of the Arduino IDE, it is intended for beta testing. There are some known new compilation bugs in the beta version, though they only happen in specific circumstances. When you encounter a strange problem (as you have) it definitely is worth checking to see if it's already been fixed in the beta IDE version, since there is always ongoing work to fix known bugs and make improvments, but you should be aware that you might also run into some new problems.

I always use the beta version and have very few problems but the reason I use it is because I want to help the Arduino developers to find bugs so they don't end up sneaking into the production release. When I run into one of these bugs it's quite inconvenient but it also provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Arduino project so it's worthwhile to me. For someone who isn't interested in participating in the development of the Arduino IDE and only wants working software I do not recommend using the hourly or beta versions unless there is a specific need for it.

wvijay

Thank you for your valued suggestions. I will go with a full version of ide and won't install the beta.  As mentioned the anti virus could also be an issue.. thanks for your valuable time. Will let you know how it goes. Regards

wvijay

Another cause of the JSON file verification problem might be your antivirus software. If the verification problem persists with the new installation try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus just long enough to run Boards Manager and check whether the problem goes away. If so, you will need to modify your antivirus settings to whitelist the file, process, or folder that's being blocked.

Regarding the beta version of the Arduino IDE, it is intended for beta testing. There are some known new compilation bugs in the beta version, though they only happen in specific circumstances. When you encounter a strange problem (as you have) it definitely is worth checking to see if it's already been fixed in the beta IDE version, since there is always ongoing work to fix known bugs and make improvments, but you should be aware that you might also run into some new problems.

I always use the beta version and have very few problems but the reason I use it is because I want to help the Arduino developers to find bugs so they don't end up sneaking into the production release. When I run into one of these bugs it's quite inconvenient but it also provides the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Arduino project so it's worthwhile to me. For someone who isn't interested in participating in the development of the Arduino IDE and only wants working software I do not recommend using the hourly or beta versions unless there is a specific need for it.
Hello

Did a full fresh install of IDE 1.8.5 and disabled avast Anti Virus as well.

Updated Boards manager and on connecting NodeMcu have some other errors showing up like:

Board nodemcuv2 (platform esp8266, package esp8266) is unknown

Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

Getting tougher every time.

Any suggestions. I was thinking to resetting NodeMcu a fresh and if you think i should be doing that, how do i go about it. Thanks for your time.
Regards

pert

The "Board ... is unknown" error occurs when a Boards Manager installation of a different version of a hardware package fails to completely uninstall the previous version. Here's how you solve it:
  • Click the link on the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 folder.
  • Navigate to the packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266 folder.
  • You will see two folders. One is named by the version of the package you currently have installed, the other is named by the version of the package you previously had installed. Delete the folder with the previous version name. Please be very careful when deleting things on your computer. When in doubt back up!

wvijay

Super.. Every day is a new learning curve. Thx. Regards

wvijay

WOW .. Back with the culprit..

http://downloads.arduino.cc/packages/package_index.json file signature verification failed. File ignored.

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\VIJAYK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_434714\core\core_esp8266_esp8266_nodemcuv2_CpuFrequency_80,FlashSize_4M3M,LwIPVariant_v2mss536,Debug_Disabled,DebugLevel_None____,UploadSpeed_115200_e95c270d2742e2bd4f8e96aa1e77a19d.a
Sketch uses 253219 bytes (24%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 33436 bytes (40%) of dynamic memory, leaving 48484 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
Uploading 257360 bytes from C:\Users\VIJAYK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_942317/wifi_connect.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn't receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

wvijay

I also tried flashing it : https://roboindia.com/tutorials/Flash-esp8266-with-nodemcu-firmware

Running Flasher I had these coming up.

Note:Serial port connected.
Note:Begin find ESP8266.
Note:ESP8266 ACK success.
Note:ESP8266 ACK success.
Error:Set ESP8266 Address timeout. Looks like a faulty H/W ??

Go Up