How to: Bluetooth & Infrared controlled Car with Ultrasone

Online you can find a really cool robotcar, which you can control with bluetooth and infrared. On top of it, there is an ultrasone sensor. Splendid, but no proper assembly manual is to be found, and the code found online, could be better.

So I created a manual and improved the code, to share. I hope someone will find it useful.
-Assembly manual
-Assembly of ultrasone sensor (not mine), this is most difficult and requires some modifications with a drill.
-Code

Video of robot car

PS: you should remove the foil around the two base plates to make the car a bit more pretty. I didn't do that yet.

The car is for sale at Banggood.com, icstation, aliexpress, dealextreme and many others for around $80 or €70 and it's called "Multifunction Bluetooth Controlled Robot Smart Car Kit".

four_in_one_demo_mod.ino (12.4 KB)

Thanks, I have that exact kit coming in the post. Looking forward to optioning it up to try and do some funky stuff.

can you post please the the arduino source code moving vechiles ! the 4DC

Having trouble with the CODE above. It keeps giving me the errors below:

C:\Robot IR Remote\IRremoteTools.cpp.o:(.bss.irrecv+0x0): multiple definition of `irrecv'

C:\four_mod.cpp.o:(.bss.irrecv+0x0): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Error compiling.

Any Help?

TheGasMan:
Having trouble with the CODE above. It keeps giving me the errors below:

C:\Robot IR Remote\IRremoteTools.cpp.o:(.bss.irrecv+0x0): multiple definition of `irrecv'

C:\four_mod.cpp.o:(.bss.irrecv+0x0): first defined here

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Error compiling.

Any Help?

Remove IRremoteTools from include, and also remove it from IRRemote library, but better just download new IRRemote library from here: GitHub - Arduino-IRremote/Arduino-IRremote: Infrared remote library for Arduino: send and receive infrared signals with multiple protocols

Hi drsnugglesja, your instructions were very helpful. There is one problem though, I need the car to move slowly, when I change the speed in the code or change with android application, car doesn't move, and sounds strange sounds like (beep). How can I make it to go at least 2 times slower?

I shares information.
Below is my instruction and demo animation.
How To Make Smart Robot Car With Arduino Uno R3 – IR RC + Bluetooth RC + Obstacle Avoidance + Line Tracking

How To Make Frog Robot with Aruino Nano (Obstacle Avoidance)

Otto Robot : Otto Together

Thank you for your shared codes. I fixed your codes and added enhancements.
If others needs my codes. visit my blog and download the codes.
[ARDUINO+Smart Robot Car]How To Make Smart Robot Car With Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino Mega (IR RC + Bluetooth RC + Obstacle Avoidance + Line Tracking) | smartmecard

S/W Instruction

1. Access http://www.arduino.org/
    2)Download Arduino IDE 1.7.8
    3)Install it
    4)Access [ARDUINO+Smart Robot Car]How To Make Smart Robot Car With Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino Mega (IR RC + Bluetooth RC + Obstacle Avoidance + Line Tracking) | smartmecard
    5)Download smart robot car source code file – four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_xxx.ino.key
  2. Save four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_xxx.ino.key as four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_xxx.ino
    7)Download IR library in GitHub - Arduino-IRremote/Arduino-IRremote: Infrared remote library for Arduino: send and receive infrared signals with multiple protocols Arduino-IRremote-master.zip
    8)Download MsTimer2 Library in Arduino Playground - MsTimer2 -> MsTimer2.zip
    9)Go to C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries
    10)Copy library zip files Arduino-IRremote-master.zip and MsTimer2.zip to C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries
    11)Rename RobotIRremote folder name as RobotIRremote_backupAccess folder name
    12)Run Arduino IDE 1.7.8
    13)Load four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_xxx.ino
    14)Sketch > Library > Add Library > Select Arduino-IRremote-master.zip and MsTimer2.zip
    15)Sketch > Compile or Ctr+ R
    16)Compiling will be successful
    17)Connect usb cable to arduino and upload program

Hello, I have problems with my smart car, I can not get the bluetooth work for me, it connects well with the car from my android (mobile) but does nothing. Could you help me?
Thank you

traducido con google.

Please check TX and RX connection.

The code is attach . This code is copy from this site.

I have all the connection and adjusted my pins. I am facing some problem. Only two types are working. IR remote is not working. Ultra Sonic Sensor is also not work. Plz suggest me.

four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_v0-4.ino (43 KB)

Talha909:
The code is attach . This code is copy from this site.

[ARDUINO+Smart Robot Car]How To Make Smart Robot Car With Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino Mega (IR RC + Bluetooth RC + Obstacle Avoidance + Line Tracking) | smartmecard

I have all the connection and adjusted my pins. I am facing some problem. Only two types are working. IR remote is not working. Ultra Sonic Sensor is also not work. Plz suggest me.

Hi!
I think your problem is that the IR Remote protocol codes has to be altered to your remotes codes.
There are different IrRemotes with different codes (protocol codes)
You have to write the right IR HexCodes for your IR-Remote into the sketch, go to examples in Arduino IDE and find IRRemote Test and run it with a IRreceiver diode attached to the right pins on your Arduino, look in the serial monitor for your codes when using the buttons on your IR Remote transmitter, these codes has to be written in the "four_in_one_demo.ino" sketch or has to be the same as them in the sketch.
I know, it is a bit messy explanation, but try it!

I have just tried t upload the code...four_in_one_demo_mod_fix_v0-4.ino... After doing so, I got this error message.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\IRremoteTools.cpp:5: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

Can anyone please help me to correct this problem. I am new to Arduino and I have no idea as to what to do about this.

Thanks.

by no means is this working for me I keep getting the same message

\Arduino: 1.6.13 Hourly Build 2016/09/23 03:33 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

\arduino-nightly\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.\

please help I cant get my little girls car work by no means

someone please help

I need some help with the program. I'm a newbe to arduino and my 2 sons keep asking me when it's redy.

When I try to upload the program to the arduino I keep getting this message

Arduino:1.6.10 (Windows XP), Kort:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Documents and Settings\Ägaren\Mina dokument\Arduino\Robot bil\four_in_one_demo_mod\four_in_one_demo_mod.ino: In function 'void autoRunUsingUltraSonic()':

four_in_one_demo_mod:227: error: 'stopCommandPressed' was not declared in this scope

exit status 1
'stopCommandPressed' was not declared in this scope

I just completed putting one of these together. I wanted to understand each module, shield and function so I will be revisiting this project a lot. A few things that are limiting to me that I wonder if anyone has comments on.

1. The motor shield is for two motors and they are running 4. This is probably why you cannot steer and drive at the same time. I wonder if a 4 motor shield wouldn't give you far more capability. One speed is all you get as well.

2. The infrared controller (using a mini remote control) is very annoying. You lose line of sight so fast you find yourself running after it in order to make direction changes. Also, it requires one push button at a time, meaning.. drive forward, stop, steer left, stop, etc. No fluidity of motion whatsoever. I wonder if one of those Funduino joystick/button controllers (or equivalent) with a second transmit side Uno wouldnt be a better idea.

3. The bluetooth option is annoying for that same reason, however it IS much nicer in that there is no need to run after it. My issue is I want to use the bluetooth on my laptop and the app they give you is for Android devices only. I tried DuOS, an Android emulator for Windows 10 only to learn DuOS doesn't let bluetooth thru the emulator. The same controller in number 2 above has bluetooth and NRF24 capability.

4. I spent a few hours trying to get the line tracking to work. It was very dicey and just when I thought I had it, I didn't. I will try getting the sensors closer to the floor to see if that helps, but I wonder if two sensors wouldnt work as well or better than three. One on each side of the black line should keep it centered maybe?

I sort of expected this little solution to do everything smoothly, but because of the one direction at a time limitation, it turned out to be somewhat disappointing. The plan is to figure out how to make those issues go away. Any thoughts?

Can someone pls help me here !!!!!

I have been trying to build a multi-functional Bluetooth car by following your guide and code. I had little success but need assistance in further completing the car. I hope someone would help me !

First I made all the hardware configuration as mentioned in the guide and as per the code. Then uploaded the V5.0 code but nothing worked. The robo car did not move at all. I see the signals pass through IR remote to receiver but nothing happens. So I uploaded V4.0 code and had little success.

The Ultrasonic distance module worked when I pressed the >| symbol in the IR Remote. Car moves perfectly and works as expected.

But the other things does not work for me.

(1) Trying to use the car by IR Remote mode: When I press "2" button through IR Remote the car just moves only a step ahead. Motors does not spin continuously when I keep pressing the 2 button in the remote. If I release the 2 button and press once again it again make one rotation of motor. The same happens when other buttons like 4, 6, 8 are pressed. Only one rotation of motor happening on every button pressed through IR Remote.

(2) Trying to use by Bluetooth Remote : All configurations are done and the car gets connected to the bluetooth. When I press the forward button or for that matter any button through the Bluetooth remote there is a huge delay in the signal transmission. For example it is like 10 seconds after I press the forward button the car begins to move forward. The same happens when other buttons are used. It is not continuous and there is this delay.

Can someone please help me to fix the above two issues ? I have been building this car for my son but at last he is very disappointed that it is not up and running.

Any help would be highly appreciated.