Problem with LCD and Motor

nanohex:

@nanohex, would you mind clarifying the ground flood for me? I am not too familiar with it. Thanks./

I couldn't come up with a decent explanation in my own words so this is from Wikipedia:

"A ground plane on a printed circuit board (PCB) is a large area or layer of copper foil connected to the circuit's ground point, usually one terminal of the power supply. It serves as the return path for current from many different components.
A ground plane is often made as large as possible, covering most of the area of the PCB which is not occupied by circuit traces. In multilayer PCBs, it is often a separate layer covering the entire board. This serves to make circuit design easier, allowing the designer to ground any component without having to run additional traces; component wire needing grounding is routed directly through a hole in the board to the ground plane on another layer. The large area of copper also conducts the large return currents from many components without significant voltage drops, ensuring that the ground connection of all the components are at the same reference potential."

Basically any area that's just left empty (copper etched away; no traces) is instead left with its original copper. These are then connected to ground.

Thank you for the explanation. It turned out that there is no ground plane on my relay PCB. Is there anything I can do?