Packaging my application.

Hello Friends,

Arduino Rocks. I am creating a small project using the arduino board and a sensor. Suppose the program is compiled and burned to the board, how do we deploy the assembled interface to the end users?

For example i am creating a board when plugged into their computer using the USB port, should inform the user about the room darkness level. Now i have written the program and uploaded it, tested it and if it works fine, how do i give it to the users to use it? provided i have the option of distributing a cd-media with the required software and arduino drivers. I am getting clueless about this. In case my query is not clear do let me know i will clarify it further.

Regards,

Ashok Srinivasan.

the required software and arduino drivers.

The required software would include the Arduino IDE and your sketch. The Arduino folks make it each by hosting a number of files for various operating systems. You would have to copy and distribute each of those files, for every conceivable OS that Arduino supports.

Your install program would need to figure out what operating system was present and install the appropriate version of the IDE.

It would be better if you simply provided links to the Arduino (and other) site(s), and had people download and install the IDE (and any required user-contributed libraries) themselves. Then, all you need to distribute is your sketch.

For example i am creating a board when plugged into their computer using the USB port, should inform the user about the room darkness level.

If this is a custom board, just upload the sketch prior to delivery.

Thank you Pauls,

But the problem with giving out the links to download the files will not be applicable to my target audience. They are people in the metal industry. I expect these people to have a pentium 3 computer without an internet connection. They are people who just have computers with them. Since i am a flash programmer i am going to try interfacing my output with Arduino to represent the values from the board. So Ideally it would be like, i will be visiting their place, install the software and will guide them to connect the device via USB. After which they will just look at the screen to understand the process. All they will look at is a simple ECG type graph plotted on their screens.

Regards,

Ashok Srinivasan.

I expect these people to have a pentium 3 computer without an internet connection.

If they all have one operating system, then make a copy of the install file for that OS. If they have different OSs, then, you have a bigger job.

So Ideally it would be like, i will be visiting their place, install the software and will guide them to connect the device via USB.

If you are visiting them, and installing the software, why don't you install the sketch on their device, and not worry about having to install software on their computers?