dcf77

I have a few questions about dcf77. First will the dcf77 work in the us? I ask this because everything I find talks about Germany. Second does anyone know where I could purchase one and a tutorial on how to build one? I am having no information on how to build one and only found one being sold on ebay from the UK.

You can amend posts you know. You don't have to delete the whole thread and start again.

Who or what is dcf77? How about a link to it?

yes I know. I thought I accidentally taped my touch-pad and made it go back (when actually it posted the thread) and hit the back button and continued with my post actually creating a second post.

here is a link Arduino Playground - DCF77 it is receiver for atomic clock signals

Have a look here: Radio clock - Wikipedia

// Per.

First will the dcf77 work in the us?

No it will work only in Europe, but the US has similar time transmitters (sorry no link)

In North America you should look for a radio capable of receiving WWVB. Many alarm clocks and wristwatches are described in their advertising as "atomic clocks" when what they actually do is receive, and decode, WWVB.

Pete

The thing you want to look at is called DCF60 in the US. Digikey sells a DCF60 radio with a choice of 2 antenna's (it's about $15.00) choose the larger of the two and realize that unless you are within a hundred or so miles or so of the transmitting antenna you will have good reception for the 60 KHz WWVB signal time at dusk and dawn so use an accurate clock chip and sync it with WWVB when the signal is good enough.

Bob

Docedison:
Digikey sells a DCF60 radio with a choice of 2 antenna's (it's about $15.00)

Link/s ?

Google?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFUQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fduinolab.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F05%2Fc-max-cmmr-6p-60-wwvb-60khz-receiver.html&ei=aCQuUY3UGcXJtQas04GYBQ&usg=AFQjCNHmWSVkhgOBEfYCwRereZV1tpGz4A&sig2=1JyuTNqiaI_M16oDXK4NdQ&bvm=bv.42965579,d.Yms
C-max is the company... I searched for wwvb 60 kHz radio's... First shot.
I decided that satellite time was more available and just waited until I could find one @ under $30.00
I read the first 1/3 of the article and I saw no errors or "assumptions".

Bob

Is it worth pointing out that if you buy a GPS module (for around $30 to $50), that also tells you the time, very accurately? And it works all over the world.