Combining two sketches, help!

Grumpy_Mike:
Have a look at this, it tells you about some of the things you have to think about when combining code:-
Merging Code

Funnily enough that is what I used to get where I am now.

PaulS:
You are aware that loopCount() will only be called every two seconds, right?

Ditch those delays. Look at the blink with delay example.

Why do you have three setup() type functions? Put all that code in ONE function.

The combine code does something. What that is isn't clear.

I will check out the blink without delay example, I din't realize that loopCount() would be called every two seconds.
As to why I have three setup() functions see the above link, I may have interpreted it incorrectly. The tutorial says to redefine setup() and loop() for each program and then define each one under a setup() function.

Arrch:

APieceOfToast:
neither program works.

The code does something. You're expecting it to do something else. Posting those two pieces of information is how you get help. Saying "it doesn't work" isn't how you get help.

My first thought, though is that you shouldn't be using delay() in your blink code and be using code from the Blink Without Delay example.

My bad, by "It doesn't work" I meant that the program does not perform either of the functions intended, as in it does not blink, nor does it count. This may be a result of the delays being in there, I will need to look at the blink without delay.
Your hunch appears to be a solid lead.

Thank you all for the quick replies.