A UK arduino newbie joins the fray (with a question or two)

I've been tinkering with arduino stuff off an on for a while now but after suggesting that we use arduino in school to try and interest more pupils in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mechanics) I've actually had to put my braincells where my mouth is and get learning how to do more than blink an LED :slight_smile:

Has anyone else had much experience with teaching kids arduino ? Our age range in the proposed robotics/arduino club is 11-16 at present with a fairly mixed ability range.

Also, where's the best part of the forum to post code and ask for feedback/suggestions/improvements?

Thanks

G

Has anyone else had much experience with teaching kids arduino ? Our age range in the proposed robotics/arduino club is 11-16 at present with a fairly mixed ability range.

Also, where's the best part of the forum to post code and ask for feedback/suggestions/improvements?

Perhaps you want to post in here

STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mechanics)

Pretty sure that's Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths :wink:

If you take a look at all the forum subsections you should get a pretty good idea as to what forum to post things in.

Perhaps take a look at the Arduino User Map too (and add yourself to it).

mowcius:
Pretty sure that's Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths :wink:

So it is. That'll teach me to post tired :slight_smile: Cheers, I shall poke about.

mowcius:
Perhaps take a look at the Arduino User Map too (and add yourself to it).

just had a look (1st time I've seen it - needs a marketing dept!)
interesting
how do you "add yourself"

and welcome to OP

Depending on where you are, have you thought of hooking up with one of the Hacklabs springing up?
Maybe they would be able to help with a school club.
They are always looking at ways to expand membership and advertise there existence.
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces
They are local community groups.

I know the London east end lab is running Arduino weekends.

Gordon

Taking a look, there don't seem to be any groups within a decent distance of where I'm based (North Wales) which is a shame.

Just as well there's as well developed an internet community as there is then :slight_smile: I'm going to need it!

how do you "add yourself"

You add it to your maps and then drag the blue icon to your position. Then by clicking on the icon (top right of the text box), you can change it to the correct icon.

Where about in N. Wales?