Teensy 3.0

I don't know if "industrial" is different, but I can tell you there is a huge difference in performance between SD cards sold for consumer use. The SDHC speed class is often unrelated to the real-world performance when small, random access is made.

I recently tested several of my cards, while trying to use a Raspberry Pi. I used one of the PC disk benchmark, which does large and small sequential and random reads and writes (8 tests in total). On the random write test, many of the cards had about 10 kbytes/sec speed, which incredibly slow. My fastest card was a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra, at well over 1 Mbyte/sec in the random 4k write. I had another 32 GB card, I believe Patriot or PQI, which ran at about 10 kbytes/sec in the random write. It performed very well with sequential access, but very poorly for random reads or write. Since then, I sold a camcorder with that card included.

Sadly, the Raspberry Pi has a bootloader bug that makes it incompatible with some cards. My only really fast card is one of those. Since then, I've been too busy with Teensy 3.0 to do much with Raspberry Pi, but I plan to look at it again in a couple months.

The "industrial" card might be just marketing, or it might actually mean the card has whatever better chip is in that Sandisk Ultra that makes it so capable of managing small, random accesses that other cards service at only glacial speeds.