Help me name this bot

What should I call this robot? Right now it is running a Nano, but it may end up with a Mega, or possibly a Nano and an MSP430 - so the name needs to be microcontroller and brand agnostic.

Quick and dirty?

Cheers,
Kari

Boxomizer

TMS = to many sensors?
Best regards
Jantje

Rolling LoBoxomy

MSP Multi sensor project.
That way you do not need to remove the label ]:smiley:
Jantje

The 3Rs

It could stand for "Roving & Ranging Robot" or "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle". :slight_smile:

Lets see inside - maybe it could be 3 Ws in honor of Elmer Fudd:
"Widiculous Watsnest of Wiring", or the "Wabbit Hunta"

What about rob?
Stands for: Rich Owner Bot ]:slight_smile:

Best regards
Jantje

Whole-y Launchpad, Batman!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have decided to name this bot Box-E

Too many sensors? Didn't know that was possible! $3 on ebay, so why not? Even with 4 ultrasonics, I'm still at less than half the cost of one PING sensor.

The top box is a Stellaris Launchpad box, the bottom box is an MSP430 Launchpad box. The shame is that there isn't a single TI part in the robot, at least as of now. The microcontroller is ATMEL and the motor driver is Toshiba. Sorry TI

The box is not a great look, but I find it to be a great platform while I figure out what I want to do. Kinda like breadboarding the chassis. It's my second bot, so I'm still learning what design consideration to keep in mind.

meanpc:
The top box is a Stellaris Launchpad box, the bottom box is an MSP430 Launchpad box. The shame is that there isn't a single TI part in the robot, at least as of now. The microcontroller is ATMEL and the motor driver is Toshiba. Sorry TI

I don't think TI would mind that much, at this point they are still getting a bit free advertising. :wink: