Digital temperature and humidity.

Hi guys. I am totally new in Arduinoning so I have no knowledge about anything at all.

I want to make arduino controlled thermometer. I have wired up dht11 sensor and it shows temperature and humidity on my laptop. I also have 13 led strips that I would like to use as display.

My 1. question is. Can i control each strip with a different digital output hole on arduino? How to do that?
And secondly: how should I power 12v leds with arduino? Can I destroy it?

wozzythemonk:
: how should I power 12v leds with arduino? Can I destroy it?

One easy way is to put an NPN transistor between the - side of the 12V LED strip and Ground. Connect the Collector pin of the transistor to the LED strip and the Emitter pin to Ground. Ground is connected to both the - side of the 12V supply and Arduino Ground. A digital output pin connects through a resistor (roughly 200 to 500 ohms) to the Base pin of the transistor. Set the output pin HIGH to turn on the LED strip.

Welcome to the forum.

I am totally new in Arduinoning so I have no knowledge about anything at all.

So I am guessing that you don't understand that answer.
You need to get some knowledge before you can understand what is being said to you.
I would suggest you start looking at the learning section and do a few example first before you embark on your own project.

Play about with them, change them and see what happens. Try and predict what happens when you make changes. Get a bit of knowledge first and then you will be ready to ask questions and understand the answers.