Fried/Damaged Rover , any suggetions ?

Hello,

im very new , you can probably guess by the topic name...
Im using the arduino mega2560 and:
ROVER 5: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10336
ROVER 5 motor DRIVER BOARD: Rover 5 Motor Driver Board - ROB-11593 - SparkFun Electronics
Anyway I was that silly and newbie (im guessing thats the reason) at the same time that i accidentaly connected the A pin encoder to the B and the B to to A.
When i ran the programm which was basically go forward backward and so on...
Sudden SMOKE appeared , i didnt notice from where it was comming from but i immediately pulled out the power cord to prevent further damage.

NOW can someone please tell me whether my Rover 5 or the MOTOR driver board where damaged ?
NOTE: The rover works fine , but there is an issue, a rather big one for my project. Whenever i run the previous programm
the LEFT wheel goes slower than the RIGHT wheel. Anyone know what that means ? Im running both A-B motors with the same speed but since the Right one is faster i get a slight left turn. which is quiet annoying!

This might sound stupid but is there any way to fix /repair it ?

ANYWAY i want to know or maybe get a suggetion whether the MOTOR DRIVE BOARD is damaged which is about 15 euros so i can replace it, or (the ROVER 5 which costs about 60$).

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

You probably could swap the motor leads to the opposite motor and see if the same motor still turns slower. If the same motor is slow, then it might be a motor issue instead of the board.

I swapped the motor leads but it still keeps on doing this. I cant even predict if does a 90degree turn or not there is a chance the left motor will stop at any time.

So the problem is the ROVER 5 ?

Damn. =(