Meduino Pro mini Enhancement

Hi,

I have find this product on ebay which called Meduino Pro mini Enhancement with atmega328. I want to know is it official arduino product. I see its features better than arduino pro mini as it have extra analog pins and AREF output.
Which one do you recommend me, to get Meduino Pro mini Enhancement or arduino pro mini ?

trecords:
I have find this product on ebay which called Meduino Pro mini Enhancement with atmega328. I want to know is it official arduino product.

No, it isn't.

hmm seems like Chinase one, do you recommend me to buy it, because it has more pins than arduino pro mini.

Meduino is on atmega328 and that is why arduino also have to have AREF and extra analog pins as meduino as they are on same chip. So i think i can make extra pin-outs directly connecting to atmega for arduino.

Nice find.

I had to dive into the ATmega data sheet to see that only the DIP packaged ones have 6 analog pins, where the TQFP and QFN/MLF packages have 8. I'd not noticed that before. Interesting.

The only search hits on that board tend to be eBay listings by that one seller, as you say, in China. The choice of 5V or 3.3V on one board looks promising so even if you don't need the extra inputs it has that flexibility too.

I haven't used it, so can't say if it's good, bad, or indifferent in any other way. But if you can afford to give one a try, why not?

Geoff

The extra 2 pins are analog inputs ONLY.
If you really need some IO but not all that the Mega has, try a '1284 based board, like the '1284 Duemilanove style boards in my signature link. Bare board $4.50 sent to a US location, parts ~$15 depending on what you populate and/or scrounge ...

OK i have bought it and it is on a way to me, shipping will take about 15 days :slight_smile:
I will inform you how it behaves on this forum.

If you really need some IO but not all that the Mega has, try a '1284 based board, like the '1284 Duemilanove

Actually i need little board, and i always try to get tiny chips, boards :slight_smile:

I hava these as well: "Minu-uino"

Solder a '328, crystal, resistor, couple of caps, whatever you need for headers.

I just received a meduino today.
Its a very nicely made board, but i just found out that you can get it with boath 168 and 328 MCU, and I have by mistake ordered the 168 version.
Never mind I saved 1$ :smiley:
I just burned a bootloader and the blink sketch, and it worked like it should. I know that is not a very extensive test but atleast I know it is alive

I have also bought and just today received item :slight_smile: after 20 days of shipping.
I see blink is working on it and it is pre-programmed but, i cant upload my own sketch :( I dont know what is problem, i use PL-2303HX module to communicate with pro mini but always getting this error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I think this error is because of TTL module, because even if i haven`t connected pro mini to TTL i am getting same error. So may be problem is on drivers, do you know how can i get drivers for this item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-RS232-TTL-PL2303HX-Auto-Converter-Module-Converter-Adapter-5V-3-3V-Output-/350568364250?_trksid=p5197.m1992

Let me know if you have solution for this plz.

You have to have a reset on the mini right before the upload begins. Your TTL device does not have a reset line that i can see in the picture.

When the IDE goes to upload it will say "sketch size is ".......bytes", this is when the reset has to be made you can do it with the reset button.

Another method is to take an Uno, remove the 328 chip and connect, rx-rx, tx-tx, reset-reset, +, and - together which will allow you to use the Uno's serial chip.

I use the same USB/serial converte sometimes.I think i got the driver from prolific website.

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/index.aspx

You can make an autoreset, by connecting a 100 nF capcitor from DTR to Arduino reset.
Also there are many post in the forum regarding this try a search for PLxxxx

If you want to use an Arduino you can just connect reset to ground, and use the tx/rx, it is easyer than removing the chip, but then you have to use manuel reset as cyclegadget describe.

You could also use the Arduino As Isp, and burn your own bootloader, or use it without

cyclegadget and Erni thank you every much programming with arduino UNO is very easy :slight_smile:
I couldn`t press reset button on time but i have tried 20 times with TTL module :frowning:

Want to know is it possible to make auto reset with TTL to pro mini connection. On pro mini instruction (sales page) it says that i have auto reset:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230795578198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I`d like to use TTL with pro mini because every time while i will do programmig i need to wire up5 cables and destroy UNO for it :frowning:

According to the schematic, the Pro Mini allready has the 100nF cap connected to the reset, so you should be able to connect the DTR from your dongle to the DTR on the Pro Mini.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,94976.0.html

I found that the Meduino 328 variant programs exactly the same as a Arduino Pro Mini 5V w/ 328. Reset via the DTR works reliably during uploading.

I like these little guys because of the low cost, 5V/3.3V selection for flexibility, and rational header pin spacing which makes prototyping simple. And because they're little!

I've had one running an under-house ventilation application for a couple of months now, no issues w/ reliability so far.

hmmstill couldn`t make it work with TTL, which one is reset pin on PL2303? do i need to connect it directly to pro mini GRN ?

Another question about pro mini, i have switched it to 3.3V. Now on product discription it says 3.3v is output and i see there are only VCC input on board. So i want to know after switch how much voltage do i need to supply, 5 or3.3 ? is this switch for output as input power remains same and but power on pins are changed?

Let me know please, i don`t want to burn up my pro mini :zipper_mouth_face:

If you have the switch set to 3.3V, VCC = 3.3V. If set to 5V, VCC = 5V.

When programming, I find it easy to set to 5V, and run 5V->VCC from the USB/TTL board.

Its a 5 wire connection from USB/TTL board to Meduino: DTR, TX, RX, VCC, GND.

On the Meduino board, DTR -> GRN.

If you have 3.3 on Vcc, then the IO should be connected to 3.3V devices also the IO does not exceed Vcc.

I've bought about a dozen of these. love 'em. small but not the smallest, however they are the smallest I've seen with all the digital pins on one side.

at $11.00? marvelous.

I confirm this is a good clone!
Very good for FTDI and I2C upper sided, and obviously the current selector switch.
If you are in the need to use it for battery powered apps, it is good @3,3 with a single li-poli cell too, and same required power from sensors/devices.
Also if you are interested i just wrote a couple of article on how to program a meduino pro mini using an arduino Uno ad usb/serial adapter, or the FTDI / Usb.
Ciao! :slight_smile:

Meduino-pro-mini-3v-5v-switch-selector-detail-front-view.png

These look really nice!

When I see stuff like this I sometimes wonder why I bother messing around with Tiny84s, etc. when I can have a Mega328 in almost the same size.

Then I remember that the fun part is the making, not the finished products. :slight_smile: