which arduino boards use the 44qfp?

which arduino boards use the 44qfp? i know of only one the Leonardo board. any other mainstream boards that you can think of?

I thought maybe the Arduino UNO SMD but it looks like that uses a 32-pin package.

Sorry for the delay in responding - haven't been able to log in during the day, too many projects at night.

My Bobuino variants use the 44 pin TQFP 1284P family of chips.
Here's one being bootloaded with an FTDI Basic supplying power for Atmel AVR ISP MKii, which was followed by sketch download via Serial(0) to make the onboard LEDs blink.

Other variations can be seen here.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/

And the Leonardo is a 44 pin TQFP as well.

Hmm, looks like I forgot to attach the picture I referenced - will have to remember to add it tonight...

For some reason I expected CR to have moved into the MLF-32 version by now. :slight_smile:

Pins are too close with the very little packages, hard to assemble reliably by hand.
What I want to do is design a board using the 64 pin TQFP family of parts.
328: 20 IO, single serial
324/644/1284: 32 IO, dual hardware Serial - largest SRAM! 16K in 1284P
1281/2561: 54 IO, dual hardware Serial, external memory support. Just need a few more hours in a day, and some software support.Might be cores at avr-developers.com
1280/2560: 86 IO, quad hardware Serial, external memory support.

So what's stopping you from doing that? Can't be that hard.

Got too many other projects going on - need a little more free time.

Aaaaah, that perpetual problem called "time" ... 36 hour days can't arrive fast enough.

Hey thanks for the info, i didn't know about the 1284P, i'll get a few of them to play with. ive been working with 324P 44qfp and messed up on the fuses on a number of them. one of these days i will get around to "resurrecting" them... along with the rest of the 168's and 328's i have

Thanks for your help!

If you need some boards, let me know. I sell the bare boards for $3 mailed to you.
PL & schematic here
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/