OSX 10.8 - Arduino Due - Serial ports not showing

Were you able to resolve this?

I received my Due today and it too isn't showing up in the serial port menu. Whether it is plugged in to the native usb port or the programming usb port, it doesn't appear. I checked System Information and it doesn't get listed in the device tree. Running ioreg in terminal didn't show the device either.

I thought it might have been not enough power over the usb cable so I plugged in 5v in the DC jack and still no luck.

Is there a way to reset the Due?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
I should add that the L led is solid along with the On led, if that means anything.

EDIT 2:
I downloaded the IOUSBFamily Log Release from developer.apple.com to see if the OS X usb subsystem could shed any light on the situation. The only console message that might be related is this.

1/26/13 7:04:58.758 PM MDCrashReportd[326]: 326:2042986880|MDCrashReportd.m:deviceAttached| ERROR: Could not get a USBMux endpoint for the device with uid b7010c79b5bb8aa7f15161ad8d5af162f5ac38af. Ignoring.

It is had to ascertain whether this message is related to the Arduino Due at all as it does show any usb id's in the message.

It looks like the Due is bricked. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to unbrick it?

Thanks again,
Greg