Go Down

Topic: Yaw angle..How to correct unstable values ?? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

kkny

Feb 15, 2016, 03:53 pm Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 03:59 pm by kkny
I can only deal with what I have MPU9250 and Arduino Due...

But why should I even calibrate the magnetometer using ArduinoMagCal from RTIMULib when I already have ASAx "sensitivity adjustment value" ? isn't it enough to get calibrated data from the compass ?

Arctic_Eddie

The ArduinoMagCal  function is only an example on how to get the three axis data. To calibrate, you would need an external reference of known value. For starters, assume the sensor is already correct and use the vector magnitude and compare to the earth's known field strength. You may have to move it outdoors and away from pipes and wires to see only the earth field.

kkny

OK, so to start I have to calibrate the compass.
For that, I need to get the max and min for magX, magY and magZ, calculate the bias to finally get a calibrated data from the compass ?

Arctic_Eddie

The bias factor is used when you want to create a compass and correct for local disturbing fields, such as in an auto. For field strength, just calculate the magnitude while the device is out in the open and away from local objects.

Go Up