sometimes i wonder about people...

Just saw this on the news: Police Pursuing Charges Against Florida Teens Who Taped Drowning Man

maybe it's because i ran out of meds and i am a bit short tempered lately, but these idiots need a date with a ******* (redacted, this is a family forum...), i mean seriously! what is wrong with the youth of america that they would think it funny to film a guy drowning!

~Travis

"vicariously I live while the whole world dies, ... credulous at best your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men"

Also, "learn to swim"

travis_farmer:
Just saw this on the news: Police Pursuing Charges Against Florida Teens Who Taped Drowning Man

maybe it's because i ran out of meds and i am a bit short tempered lately, but these idiots need a date with a ******* (redacted, this is a family forum...), i mean seriously! what is wrong with the youth of america that they would think it funny to film a guy drowning!

~Travis

Yeah but if you try to beat some sense into them at a younger age then you're the bad guy. I hate it, but this is where we're headed. Kids today are adults tomorrow. And we're so worried today about letting them "be kids" that we forgot that our number one duty was to turn them into adults.

An alternate view:

Looks like the guy got mad at his family and tried (with success) to kill himself.

I just watched the video. The media makes it sound worse than it really is.

Over the span of about 2 minutes there are some (teenagers) smoking a joint watching this guy in the water. You can't tell he is really drowning until the last few seconds. Most likely, the pepole in the video can't swim, they are stoned ( which explains the inappropriate laughter), and they don't want to be bothered/get in trouble for the joint.

The guy made a choice to get in the pond knowing he couldn't swim.

Personally, I would have called 911, but I'm not ever getting in the water. I know how to swim but there are too many instances when the hero drowns, and me, I'm not a hero.

"but there are too many instances when the hero drowns, and me, I'm not a hero."

Not to be mean, but you misspelled coward.

:shrugs:

If denying someone their right to choose life or death makes me a coward.... ok.

I'm not drowning for someone who intentionally went into a pond knowing he couldn't swim.

Everyone is too excited about lynching people who committed sins they themselves haven't had the opportunity to commit.

How do you know the man's intentions when you stand there and see him in the water? How do you know anything about his state of mind? Hopefully you don't ever find yourself in some emergency situation where you need the help of a stranger. Hopefully if you do, the stranger there isn't so self absorbed.

Qdeathstar:
Everyone is too excited about lynching people who committed sins they themselves haven't had the opportunity to commit.

I love it :slight_smile:

Of course the lynching also distracts everyone's attention from the sins that the lynchers did actually commit (apart from the lynching itself, I mean).

...R

There were more than a few kids like that where I went to school and I graduated in 75.
Throw him a mostly empty big soda bottle (needs some weight) with the top on and he could have lived but the ones I knew would have poked holes in it first. Middle class shits jealous of upper middle class shits jealous of rich shits, their hurt at not having everything and being told no once in a while gets taken out in disrespecting and kicking down everyone they can.

It's not new except for having phones to record and send their feelings of superiority. Someone dying makes them great in the same way we get told the country will be made great.

Affluence corrupts but you can't hand responsibility out like you can expensive toys and earning anything is against their creed.